SteveTeow
Premium Member
join:2009-01-06
Voorhees, NJ

3 recommendations

SteveTeow

Premium Member

[Wi-Fi] Hurricane Sandy

Our thoughts are with all of those impacted by hurricane Sandy. To help residents and emergency personnel cope with the aftermath of the storm, Comcast is opening up its XFINITY WiFi hotspots in the affected markets to anyone who needs them – including non-Comcast subscribers. Comcast owns and operates thousands of WiFi hotspots in Comcast service areas in PA, NJ, DE, MD, DC, VA, WV, MA, NH and ME. Non-XFINITY Internet customers should search for the “xfinitywifi” network name and click on the “Not a Comcast subscriber?” link at the bottom of the Sign In page. Then select the “Complimentary Trial Session” option from the drop down list. Users will be able to renew their complimentary sessions every 2 hours through Wednesday November 7th. For a map of XFINITY WiFi hotspots, which are located both indoors and outdoors in malls, shopping districts, parks, and train platforms, please visit www.xfinity.com/wifi (Note: Complimentary XFINITY WiFi service may not be available in Partner WiFi Hotspot locations).

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17

Darknessfall

Premium Member

Can we get some CT coverage ?

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium Member
join:2003-10-23
Louisa, VA

Robotics to SteveTeow

Premium Member

to SteveTeow
Go Comcast!

Thanks Steve for the post...very nice of them to do that.

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to SteveTeow

to SteveTeow
Speaking on behalf of all of us emergency personnel, thank you Steve and thank you Comcast. Please pass it on to your bosses as well.

NYer
@myvzw.com

NYer to SteveTeow

Anon

to SteveTeow
This is very kind of you. I was wondering though- why NY wasn't included? We were hit just as hard... Though, once again- this is very nice of you guys do offer.

jack b
Gone Fishing
MVM
join:2000-09-08
Cape Cod

jack b

MVM

said by NYer :

This is very kind of you. I was wondering though- why NY wasn't included? We were hit just as hard... Though, once again- this is very nice of you guys do offer.

That's because they don't service that area. Much of the metro NY area is either Cablevision or TimeWarner Cable.

Comcast does partner wifi in some areas served by Cablevision.