uniqs

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium Member
join:2012-10-18

Blogger

Premium Member

Re: San Fransisco police getting drones

Well good gosh, I'm not such a big fool after all. Only an uninformed poster. I say that as I realized I keyed off the THREAD TITLE: SF POLICE GETTING DRONES

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

said by Blogger:

Well good gosh, I'm not such a big fool after all. Only an uninformed poster. I say that as I realized I keyed off the THREAD TITLE: SF POLICE GETTING DRONES

Some out-of-state folks see it on a San Francisco news web site and draw the wrong conclusion about coverage. Unlike, say, Denver metro, or Houston metro, the S.F. Bay Area has two urban centers with a population over 800,000, two more of at least 200,000, and a half dozen at over 100,000 apiece.

Top four cities in population:

• San José - 971,372
• San Francisco - 805,235
• Oakland - 395,817
• Fremont - 214,089

The over 100,000 cities are: Santa Rosa, Hayward, Sunnyvale, Concord, Santa Clara, Vallejo.

There are nine counties in the S.F. Bay Area. San Francisco is the only city in San Francisco County; they have the same boundary. Alameda and Santa Clara Counties have three cities apiece with population of at least 100,000.

So if it is reported on a S.F. news site, it isn't necessarily S.F. news.
armed
join:2000-10-20

armed

Well even by living fairly close and going there every so often you taught me something new. I always assumed that San Francisco was easily the largest in population in that area. I would have bet money on it.

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium Member
join:2012-10-18

Blogger to NormanS

Premium Member

to NormanS
Yes, SF is geographically small for such a major city. Consequently its population has remained fairly constant for many decades. I would guess it fluctuations between 750,000 and 850,000. As I recall it has gone up and down and up. There just isn't any room to expand.

The airport is a fair piece from San Francisco.

Candlestick Park where the 49ers plays is a bit of a trip from San Francisco. They are moving roughly 50 or 60 miles to a new stadium in the Santa Clara/San Jose area soon.

At least the SF Giants ballpark is in the city but then it naturally had to abut the waterline. No where else to put it in the City.

Actually the City's relative small size along with its many wonderful features makes it one of the nicest cities in the world, especially if you are not overly concerned with lots of locl government involvement with your life, (what you can and cannot do), and you're financially well off.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

said by Blogger:

Candlestick Park where the 49ers plays is a bit of a trip from San Francisco. They are moving roughly 50 or 60 miles to a new stadium in the Santa Clara/San Jose area soon.

Actually, it is probably closer to 40 miles between "The Stick" and the new stadium under construction in the City of Santa Clara. I wonder if they will cal the cheerleading squad, "The Clarabelles"?