join:2001-01-04
Sun City, CA

1 recommendation

cjski to dolphins

Premium Member

to dolphins

Re: Holmes Fan Forum closed !?!

said by dolphins:

To those of whom have taken it upon themselves to moderate this thread. Move along, no one wants to hear your opinions but yourselves.

This^
Goofy1
join:2012-12-06
Ste Rose Du Lac, MB

Goofy1 to Jundee80

to Jundee80
I am shocked as well the forum is shut down. Was fun going there on giving tips,also I needed some as well. Too bad, I needed to ask a question yesterday and thats how I found out it is closed. Jundee80 I remember you, you shut down a couple of my posts because of Ameripro and I getting into some heated discussions. Thanks for doing that, sometimes things go a little far. As for a forum, couldn't we make our own forum and call it Contractors Corner, or some where on the lines?

Cho Baka
MVM
join:2000-11-23
there

Cho Baka

MVM

You are welcome to post here.
rich3236
join:2006-08-22
Fort Lauderdale, FL

rich3236

who cares ? his forum wont be missed

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan

Premium Member

said by rich3236:

Well, there's about 3 pages of posts here, and a good number on his Facebook that disagree...

I'm not a particular fan of his - but the forum had a lot of good activity, and collective knowledge available...

Anyways...

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

1 recommendation

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

said by LazMan:

said by rich3236:

Well, there's about 3 pages of posts here, and a good number on his Facebook that disagree...

I'm not a particular fan of his - but the forum had a lot of good activity, and collective knowledge available...

Anyways...

3 pages from maybe 5 core posters. The forum is closed and gone.

Here on the "Home Improvement" thread would be a good place for those folks to post.

Cho Baka
MVM
join:2000-11-23
there

1 recommendation

Cho Baka to rich3236

MVM

to rich3236
said by rich3236:

Neither would responses like yours.
Expand your moderator at work

John Galt6
Forward, March
Premium Member
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp

John Galt6 to LazMan

Premium Member

to LazMan

Re: Holmes Fan Forum closed !?!

Jundee80 See Profile check your IM messages..
Jundee80
join:2012-11-06
Canada

Jundee80 to Goofy1

to Goofy1
I'm glad you didn't hold a grudge, Goofy1. When things got to heated, sometimes we had to step in. Just part of a Mod's job.
The first thing you learn as a Mod is that you'll never please everybody. Since we had a private message feature, I always thought that people should argue their differences that way.

If I were younger, I would start a new forum. But I don't know how much time I have left & doing this job for 9 years meant neglecting a lot of other things I used to do.
Goofy1
join:2012-12-06
Ste Rose Du Lac, MB

Goofy1

Well you did a great job on the forum, hope you will be kicking around for a while yet. I am thinking of starting a forum,looks to alot of work but I am going to look into it. I have been looking at other forum sites pertaining to building and they just don't feel the same, like that home feeling. Holmes was well set up! As for the other people say it won't be missed, people have their opinions. It was a great place to learn, ask questions or even give you thoughts on how things should be done. As a contractor myself, I gave a few tips, hell even I needed some tips on some problems. I miss the forum, it was a great place to hang around. I will look into starting up a forum. Have a great one people