spc
Search similar:

uniqs
PtownBubba
join:2005-12-18
Prophetstown, IL

PtownBubba

[DSL] Siemens SE567 vs Westall 7550

I have had a se567 for quite some time, I guess it works ok, had some gaming high ping issues in just the last month or so, but that could be various reasons,,,, my question is; would ,,,or could,,, I see a performance increase by going from a 567 to 7550 ?
Do DSL modems need software updates or anything at anytime ?

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV

Hank

Premium Member

You may see a performance increase. If you are renting ask Frontier to provide a new modem.
bamaraid
join:2007-11-12
Shanks, WV

bamaraid to PtownBubba

to PtownBubba
I agree with Hank, I just got second connect and they gave me a 7550 and I get better results from that than the SE567 that I have on my primary line (thats getting replaced). So ask frontier for a modem swap.

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY

Smith6612 to PtownBubba

MVM

to PtownBubba
The Westell 7550 does have some faster hardware in it so I'd expect some performance increases on it. The SE567 shouldn't be the cause for high ping unless you're loading it down with a ton of connections or data being pushed through it.
WeatherPilot
join:2009-08-20

WeatherPilot to PtownBubba

to PtownBubba
I want to switch from the SE567 to the 7550 as well to see if my connection improves at all; latency/ping, DS/US SNR/ATTN, etc. Frontier sent me one a while ago out of the blue and it just sits in its' box collecting dust as a backup just in case the 567 croaks.

I want to know if my provisioned speed will be affected and if the 7550 is more prone to Frontier/Big Brother remote accessing the thing and screwing around with sh#t. I want to bridge the 7550 to my wndr3700 like it is now with the SE567.

Am I safe/ok?
Aranarth
join:2011-11-04
Stanwood, MI

Aranarth to PtownBubba

to PtownBubba
The difference is no more different than any other isp provided modem. Since it will be in a bridged setup you will be fine.

Your provisioned speed will be the same. But if your SNR improves significantly (unlikely) you could request to be provisioned at a higher speed.