spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

BlazerCable

join:2008-10-18

Slingbox with videotron ?

Does anyone here use a Slingbox with their Videotron box. I have a Cisco. New models recently came out and I was wondering if they work with Videotron.

BigBlarg

join:2008-02-10
Longueuil, QC
kudos:1
I know some people do use them.

Unless the new ones are using HDMI (I really doubt it), there's no reason they wouldn't work.

GuiGQc

join:2012-02-22
Gatineau, QC
My Cisco 8642 does come with an HDMI output. However, I still use the component cable that came with the PVR.

junivelli

join:2011-03-07
reply to BlazerCable
said by BlazerCable:

Does anyone here use a Slingbox with their Videotron box. I have a Cisco. New models recently came out and I was wondering if they work with Videotron.

i do, and you cant use the HDMI port,(copyright protection) Component only,

serco
Premium
join:2002-10-19
Gatineau, QC
reply to BlazerCable
said by BlazerCable:

My Slingbox Solo works A1 with components cables with my Cisco 8642 and my Samsung PVR box.

Serco

GuiGQc

Gatineau, QC
I think it downgrades to 480 when you use HDMI.
With component, you still get your 1080i

BlazerCable

join:2008-10-18
reply to BlazerCable
Thanks for the reply Serco. What do you use your slingbox for ? I would like to use it for viewing my tv shows on my ipad and laptop when playin ps3 on my main tv.

Does the streaming work well ?

serco
Premium
join:2002-10-19
Gatineau, QC
said by BlazerCable:

Thanks for the reply Serco. What do you use your slingbox for ? I would like to use it for viewing my tv shows on my ipad and laptop when playin ps3 on my main tv.

Does the streaming work well ?

I listen my recorded shows anywhere in the world I can find an average internet connection.

Last winter, in Dominican Republic we listen hockey finals in the hotel lobby, because the hotel did not have canadien channel on their satellite listing. 25 quebecers behind me in the lobby looking an ipad screen..

Serco

Cloneman

join:2002-08-29
Montreal
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Fibe
reply to BlazerCable
Slingbox is so-so. It works, but its not perfect.

Don't use the windows desktop player, it's out of date. With the Web player, it's not bad.

I recommend Bell Fibe 15/10 though. It needs about 5mbit upload for decent HD. I wouldn't bother running it under 2mbit upload.

vitesse

join:2002-12-17
Saint-Jean-Sur-Richelieu, QC
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
·voip.ms
·Bell Sympatico
·Videotron
reply to BlazerCable
If you use slingbox solo it work well with 3mbps upload that we have on cable. But for slingbox HD it's a different game. BTW slingbox Solo give equivalent to 864x480p resolution with component output so it's not that bad. I know someone using it with a cisco and it work. The only limitation would be to find the remote code for it.

For a tablette or smartphone, solo is enough. Has for the player, both desktop and web player work well. the quality is the same. We are limited by the Slingbox DSP power for the quality The webplayer and the desktop player use the same S/W Decoder.
--
Connection: ElectronicBox 60mbps / 3mbps
Bilingual DSLR ElectronicBox Forum: »ELECTRONICBOX

GuiGQc

Gatineau, QC
said by vitesse:

slingbox Solo give equivalent to 864x480p resolution with component output

Slingbox solo isn't compatible with a higher resolution? Like 720p or 1080i?

vitesse

Slingbox Solo Downconvert 1080i or 720p to 720x480 Anamorphic (Effective resolution of 864x480) when feeded with HD Signal.

GuiGQc

Gatineau, QC
Well that's not convenient...

vitesse

Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
·voip.ms
·Bell Sympatico
·Videotron
reply to BlazerCable
That's better than using 480i S-video signal, at least twice the quality if not more. You have less noise in the video signal so better compression at low datarate. The slingbox HD was too expensive and the fastest connection I had in my area when I bought it was 2x mlppp DSL connection so at most 1.3mbps of upload. Curently with 3mbps this is not bad, but not enough for HD and I sue it mainly on my cell phone on wifi connection. some of them are still on DSL network, so anyway I woudn't be able to use HD signal with the lack of download speed.

You can find slingbox solo with defective condo on the cheap over ebay, this is what I have done myself. it costed 2$ to repair.
--
Connection: ElectronicBox 60mbps / 3mbps
Bilingual DSLR ElectronicBox Forum: »ELECTRONICBOX