spc
Search similar:

uniqs
me1212
join:2008-11-20
Lees Summit, MO
·Google Fiber

me1212

Disney is buying lucasfilm, starwars 7 comes out in 2015.

"The latest part of the Star Wars saga, Star Wars Episode 7 is targeted for a 2015 release."

I dont want to live on this planet anymore.

»www.usatoday.com/story/m ··· 1669739/

footballdude
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

footballdude

Premium Member

That's awesome news. Lucas wrote nine episodes but for some reason decided not to make eps 7-9 into films. With the lousy job Lucas did with every film after Empire, Disney can only make things better.

DanHo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-20
Seattle, WA

1 recommendation

DanHo to me1212

Premium Member

to me1212
I'm wondering if 7-9 will be based, not on Lucas' rumored 7-9, but an adaptation of some of the novels. The Hand of Thrawn Trilogy by Timothy Zahn immediately comes to mind.
beavercable
Premium Member
join:2008-05-11
Beaverton, OR

1 edit

beavercable to me1212

Premium Member

to me1212
As I read the article, I faintly heard the imperial march. But this could be a good thing. Disney owns Marvel and The Avengers was awesome.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

1 edit

Snakeoil to DanHo

Premium Member

to DanHo
I hope so.
Hopefully they do a better job with it, then what they have done with Tarzan/John Carter.

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean to me1212

MVM

to me1212
I don't know what to make of it.

I will say that I feel the franchise has left much on the table and I think a lot more could be done. Clearly Lucas is no longer the man for the job. I suspect Disney can do a respectable job with it. Even if future projects are not geared towards us (being adults) I don't think Star Wars was ever really intended for adults.

I'm not saying that is the way Disney would go with it, I'm just saying you can't go back and enjoy it like the child you once were (or its unlikely) no matter how good of a job they do with it.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

I'll just be happy to see the final 3 episodes. They possibly couldn't be worse than the first 3.

Although deep down inside, I always knew they'd finish it off.

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX

juilinsandar to me1212

Premium Member

to me1212
Disney knows a cash cow when they see it.

Hopefully they put some of the Pixar guys on the Star Wars detail.
juilinsandar

juilinsandar to me1212

Premium Member

to me1212
They just need to buy Star Trek and DC Comics then they'll be chock full of nerd.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD to beavercable

Premium Member

to beavercable
said by beavercable:

As I read the article, I faintly heard the imperial march. But this could be a good thing. Disney owns Marvel and The Avengers was awesome.

They also own "The Muppets"

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

I LOVE THE MUPPETS, especially the Swedish Chef!!!11!!

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

1 recommendation

Alpha Phoenix to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

I hope so.
Hopefully they do a better job with it, then what they have done with Tarzan/John Carter.

I liked John Carter. I thought it was good.
DMWCincy
join:2004-04-27
Fairfield, OH

DMWCincy to me1212

to me1212
The Hand of Thawn has been thrown around as the last trilogy for a long time. Really no matter what happens with these movies, good or bad, will ruin the book timeline as is. Will make for some interesting timelines in that sense if they do not take the books into any consideration when making the movies.

I'm in a wait and see here. After seeing the size and scope of the clone wars (both movie and book) there is plenty of "clean up" they would have to do to completely defeat the empire.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero to me1212

Premium Member

to me1212
Well I'm glad there will be more Star Wars... except from what I remember from spectulations years ago, weren't they going to make it in a time period like 100 years or so earlier than the allready finished ones, with a much younger Yoda maybe. And possibly no Jedi - Sith dichotomy. I'll miss the lightsabre battles though.

Ah well, whatever they come up with I just hope its good and inspiring. I'm not getting any younger so I hope I'll get to see the last three. Even if the allusion is they'll make more after that.

** Btw as I write this... Billy Dee Williams from The Empire Strikes Back, (Lando Calrissian) is on tonights NCIS episode. Coincidence!
beavercable
Premium Member
join:2008-05-11
Beaverton, OR

1 recommendation

beavercable to me1212

Premium Member

to me1212
So all thats left for Disney to buy are the rights to He-Man, Transformers, Thundercats, and G.I.Joe and Disney will effectively own my childhood.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

They would need to buy the rights to Speed Racer and G-Force (Battle of the Planets) too own my childhood.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil to Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

to Alpha Phoenix
I also thought it was good. But Disney seemed to bail on it, as soon as they say it wasn't going to set box office records opening weekend.

AVD
Premium Member
Onion, NJ

AVD to TwiztedZero

Premium Member

to TwiztedZero
said by TwiztedZero:

Well I'm glad there will be more Star Wars... except from what I remember from spectulations years ago, weren't they going to make it in a time period like 100 years or so earlier than the allready finished ones, with a much younger Yoda maybe. And possibly no Jedi - Sith dichotomy. I'll miss the lightsabre battles though.

If it is chapters 7, 8, and 9 it should be after the original trilogy of movies.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

They could always reboot it lol.
DMWCincy
join:2004-04-27
Fairfield, OH

DMWCincy

said by Snakeoil:

Oh please god dont say that too loud. After about the fifth script and a chance watch of the reboot star trek movie this may sound like a good idea...

AVD
Premium Member
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

the BSG reboot was epic, if not true to the story.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix to beavercable

Premium Member

to beavercable
said by beavercable:

So all thats left for Disney to buy are the rights to He-Man, Transformers, Thundercats, and G.I.Joe and Disney will effectively own my childhood.

Don't forget Bionic Six, SilverHawks, She-Ra, and Heathcliff.

RobinK
join:2004-04-16
Canada

RobinK to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

Please do not encourage them.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to me1212

Premium Member

to me1212
Anything is better than Lucas.

At least Disney doesn't have a habit of re-re-releasing the same movie and constantly 'updating' the story.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

They just re-release the same movie, period.

In all seriousness, if anyone has to buy this franchise out, I'll let Disney do it. When people look through the list of movies Disney actually puts out, you would be pleasantly surprised to see many of people's favorites that AREN'T cartoons are owned by Disney.

footballdude
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

footballdude to me1212

Premium Member

to me1212
I heard on the radio this morning that Disney plans on bringing out a new Star Wars movie every two years for as long as people will keep going to see them.

bTU
join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

1 recommendation

bTU to me1212

to me1212
I know Disney has the ability to make 7-9 better than 1-3, though I have fears they also have the ability to make it worse. First reaction to seeing Disney buying LucasArts and wanting to make new SW movies was "Oh sh*t....."

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to me1212

Premium Member

to me1212
AWSOME

I've been waiting for Ep7-9 since 2001 when a friend that read the books told me about them.
DarkLogix

1 recommendation

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Just think of this

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean to me1212

MVM

to me1212
said by Snakeoil:

Blasphemy!!!
said by DMWCincy:

said by Snakeoil:

Oh please god dont say that too loud. After about the fifth script and a chance watch of the reboot star trek movie this may sound like a good idea...

I’m sorry did I read that right? Did you say after a fifth of tequila the star trek reboot movie seemed like a halfway good idea,……? I wouldn’t know I don’t drink