share rss forum feed

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to ekster

Re: Disney is buying lucasfilm, starwars 7 comes out in 2015.

said by ekster:

My only fear is that, while Disney did an awesome job with the first Pirates, the same can't be said of the other 3 (or 4? I lost count and interest pretty quick.)

I have a feeling they'll make an awesome movie in 2015, and then it'll quickly start sliding down to mediocre and forgettable at best.

I thought the others were fantastic. I don't know. I'm sure I won't be disappointed.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to me1212
I am hopeful that Disney will do a good job with this.

I keep hearing people say that George wrote 7-9 but I never heard this until now. I thought Timothy Zahn's books were essentially 7-9 and Lucas had given him permission to do those books as essentially 7-9.
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
said by Voxxjin:

I keep hearing people say that George wrote 7-9 but I never heard this until now. I thought Timothy Zahn's books were essentially 7-9 and Lucas had given him permission to do those books as essentially 7-9.

Yes George has the scripts done for 7-9 for well over a decade.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
kudos:1
said by DarkLogix:

said by Voxxjin:

If so it makes me question his confidence in his own work if he sat on them for that long,.....seemingly with no intention of ever bringing the work to life.

Or maybe he got all OCD all over them and kept rewriting them,.....even today.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
What I heard was after 1-3 he was burnt out.

I still remember back in high school hearing the announced plans that they were going to make 1-3 then redo 4-6, and then make 7-9

but after 1-3 they said sorry we're scrapping the plan and just remastering 4-6 instead and ending it there.

I have a friend from back then that read the books and would tell me about some of the cool things in it, I didn't read them because it looked like a mountain of books and the books for 7-9 were about 6-9 books. and referenced other books outside of the 9, just looked to big to get into.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
From what I remember 7-9 should have stories about Han and leia's kids.

a planet I refer to as the forceless planet (animals that eat the force thus jedi/sith powers don't work)

Darth Vader's replacement

Luke starting a new republic

basically all 3 trilogies are about Vader

1-3, the rise of Vader
4-6, the fall
7-9, the legacy

TigerLord
For Value Received
Premium,Mod
join:2002-06-09
Canada
kudos:8
reply to RobinK
said by RobinK:

You mean can't do worse than the prequels.

Thanks to behind the scene footage and documentaries, it is now pretty well known Lucas was teamed with many talented people during the original trilogy. His then-wife rewrote massive passages of both Hope and Empire, for example. While Lucas must be credited with a vivid imagination and the ability to cohesively express his ideas, he is a an average writer at best, with zero dialog writing abilities. The dialog in all his films are atrocious.

The prequels were his sole doing, nobody could challenge him, whereas this was not the case in the 70s. Many other creative minds had creative input in in IV-V-VI and it shows.

Just take Red Tails and Revenge of the Sith, Lucas' last two films. Atrocious, nearly embarrassing dialog action. Wooden and/or overly cliched characters. Lucas only has eyes for the grandiose and the big, as proven by the SFX in his movies. Which usually are groundbreaking or pushing the limits.

Then compare character development in shows like Breaking Bad (or if you want to stay in the genre, Battlestar Galactica) and to Lucas' films, and you'll see a contrast so startling you'll suffer an epilepsy attack and your balls will drop three inches.

TL;DR Lucas was sole creator in prequels and is 100% responsible for the mess he created, whereas during IV-IV-VI, he was teamed up with other creative minds who had direct input into the movies, correcting or enhancing Lucas' vision.

RobinK

join:2004-04-16
Canada
reply to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

All this talk about Episode 7-9 is rumors.

Can you point me to George Lucas saying he had completed the script for movies 7-9?

George Lucas had plans and plot outline (which were probably changed so much Lucas had no idea what would happen following Jedi). I never read anything about having completed a script. And three of them at that. Unless you can point to some factual information, you are just spreading FUD.
--
Argue opinions using facts. Not facts using opinions.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
said by RobinK:

said by DarkLogix:

All this talk about Episode 7-9 is rumors.

Can you point me to George Lucas saying he had completed the script for movies 7-9?

George Lucas had plans and plot outline (which were probably changed so much Lucas had no idea what would happen following Jedi). I never read anything about having completed a script. And three of them at that. Unless you can point to some factual information, you are just spreading FUD.

you go find it, I'm not about to hunt for something I read 12 years ago.

It was in the original announcement long ago for 1-3, it was actually an announcement of 1-3 and 7-9 with plans to re-do 4-6 in between.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
reply to RobinK
This is all I could find with Google:

»www.supershadow.com/george_lucas···/32.html

Looks like an interesting read no matter what.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
reply to me1212
Latest rumor(s) re: Episode VII

»screenrant.com/star-wars-episode···l-arndt/
--
♬ Music is life ♬

PX Eliezer70
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
reply to Varlik
said by Varlik:

OK where is the image of the Death Star with Mouse ears?

Or Buzz Lightyear as a Jedi Knight?

PX Eliezer70
Premium
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
reply to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

What I heard was after 1-3 he was burnt out.

Don't know about that, but he certainly was rich!

PX Eliezer70
Premium
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
reply to TigerLord
said by TigerLord:

TL;DR Lucas was sole creator in prequels and is 100% responsible for the mess he created, whereas during IV-IV-VI, he was teamed up with other creative minds who had direct input into the movies, correcting or enhancing Lucas' vision.

Leigh Brackett is worthy of mention as writer for "The Empire Strikes Back" although some say that Lucas set aside her screenplay. She was a fine SF writer who died too young.

PX Eliezer70
Premium
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
reply to me1212
I wonder how many of you guys saw "The Star Wars Holiday Special" broadcast on CBS around Thanksgiving in 1978.

It is TRULY awful!

Lucas disowned it, said he wasn't responsible for it and didn't remember much about it.

You can find it here and there online....

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
reply to me1212
Didnt Lucas make the MPAA kinda mad with A New Hope? I remember something from a behind the scenes thing where he made a few powerful people in Hollywood unhappy with his cold opening and no opening credits.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

DanHo
Premium
join:2002-05-20
Seattle, WA
reply to me1212
Looks like JJ Abrams is going to direct VII.

»insidemovies.ew.com/2013/01/24/j···irector/

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX
I figured it'd be him, whedon or favreau.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
True story: I sat next to Favreau in homeroom.

Sniper3142
Slapsho3142

join:2002-01-25
Tustin, CA
Here's some news...

J.J. Abrams might be directing Episode 7.

[url]»www.darkhorizons.com/news/26014/···-7[/url]

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by Sniper3142:

Here's some news...

J.J. Abrams might be directing Episode 7.

[url]»www.darkhorizons.com/news/26014/···-7[/url]

Confirmed - »www.usatoday.com/story/life/movi···1862849/
--
IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES IN MY WORK...Please consider that they are there for a purpose. I try to please everyone and there is always someone looking for mistakes!

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
This?

beavercable
Premium
join:2008-05-11
Beaverton, OR
And John Noble as the long lost Jedi master Bishop.