Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dakewe

join:2010-07-12
Mckeesport, PA

Trying to order HSI

Hello,
I was trying to order HSI but I ran into a problem with ordering the service. Since my past relative lived at the same house and has an outstanding bill there, they said I couldn't order it. Is there anything I could do to still order it?

Thanks in advance

graysonf
Premium,MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL
kudos:2
You could pay the over due bill. That should clear the address and allow service to be reestablished.

dakewe

join:2010-07-12
Mckeesport, PA
They were going to make payments on the bill. Would that help?

graysonf
Premium,MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL
kudos:2
Why not call Comcast and ask them?

AnonMan

@sct.com
reply to dakewe
If the account is going under a different name it shouldn't matter.

If the same name you are SOL.

Accounts can not be held liable by address only person because people rent houses, sell them etc. Also it is not technically legal for them to talk about a past due account with you if you're not the account holder even.

That being said just make sure it's under a different name.

Even if the same last name should't matter too much. What if a Bob Jones rented an apartment, didn't pay and a Jenny Jones moved in, they going to say she can't get service because of a name?

You may have to fight a little but in the end you should win.

NetFixer
Freedom is NOT Free
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
said by AnonMan :

If the account is going under a different name it shouldn't matter.

If the same name you are SOL.

Accounts can not be held liable by address only person because people rent houses, sell them etc. Also it is not technically legal for them to talk about a past due account with you if you're not the account holder even.

That being said just make sure it's under a different name.

Even if the same last name should't matter too much. What if a Bob Jones rented an apartment, didn't pay and a Jenny Jones moved in, they going to say she can't get service because of a name?

You may have to fight a little but in the end you should win.

What you say is technically true, but in the real world, Comcast operates on the assumption that every customer is a dead beat and a thief. If there is a balance due on an account at a particular address, any new applicant for service at that address is automatically assumed to be the customer who owes the balance but using a different name. It then becomes the responsibility of the new customer to find a way to prove that they are not the previous customer using an alias to avoid paying the bill. Sometimes physically taking a notarized copy of a lease and/or an officially recognized proof of identity to the local Comcast office will suffice, but it may also require involving the local franchise authority before service can be established.

Fair? No.
The way it works? Yes.
--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.