uniqs
bennor
Premium Member
join:2006-07-22
New Haven, CT

bennor

Premium Member

Fox News Channel Down - New Haven, CT

Sometime earlier today the Fox News channel (59) went offline/down on both my SA Explorer set top box and on my DTA's. Screen is blank when that channel is selected. The channels on either side, CNBC and BET, work fine. Made a similar post over on the Comcast Xfinity support forums.

Anyone else experiencing a loss of Fox News but other channels work?

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

I'm actually currently stuck in CT at the moment but the one place I was at didnt have power and the place im at now has DirecTV.
Mike Wolf

Mike Wolf to bennor

to bennor
There was a power outage at the Fox News NYC studeo yesterday so its fully possible that that could have caused a transmission failure.
bennor
Premium Member
join:2006-07-22
New Haven, CT

bennor

Premium Member

It seems the outage was yesterday evening (»www.mediabistro.com/tvne ··· _b152437) which wouldn't account for why the channel was dark much earlier in the day.

In any event the channel is back up as of now.

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to Mike Wolf

to Mike Wolf
you're upset it has directv?

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

well yeah. I mean I'm familiar with Comcast. I know where the channels are, how to navigate the remote and on screen menu and i just feel like I'm cheating on Comcast. But I do like the sign off method they use which is a glossy image of the DirecTV logo on a glossy black screen while they play music.