mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain to Jobbie

to Jobbie

Re: [Raiding] Good bye World of Warcraft

Click for full size
This is my current UI. I'm on my then 83 Mistweaver Monk. I have my Skada Healing window hidden as I'm the only healer in this group, and I have my Carbonite Minimap hidden as well
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

thats is still too much on the screen for me

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain
said by mettachain:

This is my current UI. I'm on my then 83 Mistweaver Monk. I have my Skada Healing window hidden as I'm the only healer in this group, and I have my Carbonite Minimap hidden as well

I like it.

Zip file plox.

Pollux7777
join:2010-02-16
Saint Paul, MN

Pollux7777

I'm with Nick on this one. Maybe I'm old school, but I think MS>OS. Even in a 5 man.

I've rolled OS a few times and won loot over someone else who could use it, and I felt guilty every time

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

Most of the time, I stick to MS > OS. But if I'm planning on rolling need for OS I usually let the party members know up front "hey, anyone object to me rolling need on OS gear?" Rarely do I get any objections.
Threatco
join:2011-04-19
Moncton, NB

Threatco

said by Immer:

Most of the time, I stick to MS > OS. But if I'm planning on rolling need for OS I usually let the party members know up front "hey, anyone object to me rolling need on OS gear?" Rarely do I get any objections.

I agree, this works for me.

Question though. Is it right to kick someone for needing something for OS if they forgot to ask before hand? (not d/e or vendor)

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by Threatco:

said by Immer:

Question though. Is it right to kick someone for needing something for OS if they forgot to ask before hand? (not d/e or vendor)

I don't see why, he/she is not breaking any rules.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to Threatco

Premium Member

to Threatco
said by Threatco:

said by Immer:

if the mindset is "hey, blizzard let me do it so that means it is okay"... I'm tempted to go with, "hey, if the group agreed that so-and-so needed to be kicked, then who am I to say the group is wrong?".

I think the VTK feature gets abused. I still hate that 9/10 times no one even puts in a reason for the boot.

I'd ask the person who won if they'd consider trading it based on xyz reason. Depending on how they responded... I might consider booting if it means they will be equally unaccommodating in the next loot. It really all depends on how that person responds.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Or... "that player cannot be kicked for 7 more minutes," especially if they give you reason to within seconds of zoning in.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Krisnatharok:

Or... "that player cannot be kicked for 7 more minutes," especially if they give you reason to within seconds of zoning in.

lol... I've run into that, too. I'll /ignore that person immediately if it's just his "attitude" and see if he can actually play. If he's a total turd, I drop group. There are more than enough dailies to keep me occupied during the deserter buff. =)

Heck... I've even gotten into some world pvp over mobs for dailies and had more fun than putting up with LFD asshattery.
Immer

Immer to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain
I've been meaning to give ElvUI a shot... it looks very clean. My biggest problem (and frankly a show-stopper for me) is Grid. I hate grid. I'd rather be forced to use Healbot... seriously... screw Grid+8extensions.

Can you dump grid from ElvUI and run with blizz raid frame?

Feralmordius
join:2011-01-18

Feralmordius to mettachain

to mettachain
I like the look of ElvUI. If I want to try it out, can I just backup the whole addon folder and start clean?

Spartan is a heavy UI that relies on a lot of pieces. I am worried one of those pieces I might miss/need. I want to be able to switch back without having to re-setup everything if I feel the need.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by Feralmordius:

I like the look of ElvUI. If I want to try it out, can I just backup the whole addon folder and start clean?

Spartan is a heavy UI that relies on a lot of pieces. I am worried one of those pieces I might miss/need. I want to be able to switch back without having to re-setup everything if I feel the need.

Before you do any major change to your UI backup your Interface and WTF folders so you don't have to setup everything again.

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain to Immer

to Immer
said by Immer:

I've been meaning to give ElvUI a shot... it looks very clean. My biggest problem (and frankly a show-stopper for me) is Grid. I hate grid. I'd rather be forced to use Healbot... seriously... screw Grid+8extensions.

Can you dump grid from ElvUI and run with blizz raid frame?

Yes. you can disable the group and raid frames in ElvUI and use whatever you're already comfortable with.

Also, ElvUI and Tukui are no longer being updated on Curse (well, they haven't been for about 3-4 months now. You would need to create an account on tukui.org and get their own UI updater.