spc
Search similar:

uniqs
rratss
join:2004-07-22
Los Angeles, CA

rratss

Getting promo price with existing service

Had promo price of $29.99/mo for 10mbps and went up to $52.99. How do I get the promo rate again without any service interruption? I have 2 roommates who can sign up as a new account, but would like to not lose service during the changeover.

Thanks!
Fleeced
join:2012-10-06

Fleeced

If you have a disconnection, it will be for a night. You're asking a lot to get promotions you really shouldn't be. Deal with the disconnection and get the new promotion.
unoriginal
Premium Member
join:2000-07-12
San Diego, CA

unoriginal to rratss

Premium Member

to rratss
Is Earthlink available in your area? I recently came off a 6mo/$29.95 special with them and went back to Road Runner as a new customer with new promo pricing. The switch from one to another only requires a phone call and no disconnect so you would still have service, with hopefully no downtime if everything goes right.
mathfaster
join:2005-09-23
Upland, CA

1 edit

mathfaster

said by unoriginal:

Is Earthlink available in your area? I recently came off a 6mo/$29.95 special with them and went back to Road Runner as a new customer with new promo pricing. The switch from one to another only requires a phone call and no disconnect so you would still have service, with hopefully no downtime if everything goes right.

I am about to do the same having gone from TWC to Earthlink and now going back to TWC for 12 months with promo pricing. This time they have a modem rental fee of $3.95 per month plus the promo price of $30. Bought my own modem which will bring the price back to $30/month for 12 months. Can confirm this is a 5 minute switchover.

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

mackey to rratss

Premium Member

to rratss
I got tired of paying $62.99/mo for the old Turbo (15/1.5) plan, so I just got off the phone with TWC. Called, selected 'disconnect' from the phone menu, and simply told the guy AT&T's offering me a 18 meg plan for $34.95/mo and I'd like either my existing plan for close to that $35/mo, or I'd also take Extreme (30/5) for something slightly less then what I'm paying now. He did the 'hold for a minute' routine and came back with the new customer price of $53.99/mo for Extreme. As I wasn't looking forward to waiting around all day for a AT&T tech to show up, I took it

/M
rratss
join:2004-07-22
Los Angeles, CA

rratss to unoriginal

to unoriginal
Thanks, Earthlink has 15 megs for $39.99. I'll go ahead and do that!
ke4pym
Premium Member
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC

ke4pym to mackey

Premium Member

to mackey
said by mackey:

I got tired of paying $62.99/mo for the old Turbo (15/1.5) plan, so I just got off the phone with TWC. Called, selected 'disconnect' from the phone menu, and simply told the guy AT&T's offering me a 18 meg plan for $34.95/mo and I'd like either my existing plan for close to that $35/mo, or I'd also take Extreme (30/5) for something slightly less then what I'm paying now. He did the 'hold for a minute' routine and came back with the new customer price of $53.99/mo for Extreme. As I wasn't looking forward to waiting around all day for a AT&T tech to show up, I took it

/M

Do this. This right here. About every 6 months.