All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
triumph
join:2007-01-03
Austin, TX

triumph

[Equipment] Gigaset C610A IP - Failover for outgoing calls?

I have a Gigaset C610A IP, and Callcentric has been my only VoIP provider for the past 6 or so years. I have lost confidence over the past month in their service, and will now add additional providers.

I have set up two more prepaid VoIP providers on my C610A IP. I thought there was a way to set my C610A IP to automatically failover to the next VoIP provider (not the fixed line) if the first one failed to register (for outgoing calls only). However, I can't seem to find the options to do it. Anyone know if this is possible?
bigjoesmith
join:2000-11-21
Peoria, IL

bigjoesmith

I don't know how to do auto-failover, but you can select a provider by appending #2 (for the 2nd provider in your configuration) to the number being called. This works with my 580IP, and should work with the 610A IP.

So, 12125551111#2 would call 12125551111 using provider number 2.
I'm doing this exact thing with my gigaset and multiple providers after my default callcentric.

crazyk4952
Premium Member
join:2002-02-04
united state
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-LR
Polycom VVX300

crazyk4952

Premium Member

said by bigjoesmith:

I don't know how to do auto-failover, but you can select a provider by appending #2 (for the 2nd provider in your configuration) to the number being called. This works with my 580IP, and should work with the 610A IP.

So, 12125551111#2 would call 12125551111 using provider number 2.
I'm doing this exact thing with my gigaset and multiple providers after my default callcentric.

Unfortunately, this does not work with the C610. (Unless it has been fixed with a recent firmware update.)
triumph
join:2007-01-03
Austin, TX

triumph

Well, the best I can do so far is configure the C610 to "select line for each outgoing call". Then from the handset I punch in the phone number, and then a menu appears, where I select one of the VoIP providers I configured.

I have not determined a way to do automatic failover. In fact, I may be confusing this device with an Obihai or Sipura 3102 that I previously owned. Not sure which of these devices (if any) had that capability.