All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
rhdcheme
join:2006-11-18
Lorton, VA

rhdcheme

[Northeast] Anyone else experiencing slow speeds in Lorton, VA?

We got our power back around 3 AM this morning after Sandy went through but FIOS has been slow ever since. Is anyone in southern Fairfax County getting their provisioned speeds? I am getting below result for 75/35 service.

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 4189.png

Used to test CONSITENTLY at around 84/36.

iKN0WaGH0ST
@verizon.net

iKN0WaGH0ST

Anon

Re: [Northeast] Anyone else experiencing slow speeds in Lorton,

Lorton here as well and I've been getting 1mbps since the storm as well. Used to get 30mbps. It seems that others are having similar issues, so I would expect it to return to normal with some time.
rhdcheme
Lorton, VA

rhdcheme

Thanks for the reply. I called tech support last night and they said that the slow download speeds are not normal, despite the hurricane aftermath (which seems rather unbelievable). They scheduled a tech visit for Saturday morning.

I tend to think it is some equipment in the network (not at the user level) that is damaged or down due to the storm.

Incidentally, when I run the test to the Baltimore server on speedtest.net, I get the full speed of 84 down. Also, the pings to all nearby servers on speedtest and and verizon speedtest test out great (10 ms in most cases).

ikn0wagh0st
@verizon.net

ikn0wagh0st

Anon

Cool, do you mind posting to let me know how what ends up being the problem on Saturday?
rhdcheme
Lorton, VA

rhdcheme

Will do.

hambergler
@verizon.net

hambergler to rhdcheme

Anon

to rhdcheme

I am in Lorton as well and I tested on my phone and LTE was faster than the 4 closest servers in the area for download speed except the one below.

Having the same issue for pretty much every server except the InfoRelay Online Systems Server

I have 35/35
rhdcheme
Lorton, VA

rhdcheme

I don't even get that on InfoRelay Reston.

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 7257.png

I have 75/35.

Much better to Baltimore Reliable Hosting:

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 9310.png

We'll see what the tech says tomorrow.

Streaming video is almost impossible due to stuttering.
rolodomo
join:2011-02-26
Arlington, VA

rolodomo to rhdcheme

to rhdcheme
Same slow speeds here in Arlington VA after the storm. Called it in today 11/2.

They're sending me a new router, but that's not the problem. Still I didn't feel like arguing, so it is a hoop I have to jump through to get to the next level of support.

It will probably be Wed Nov. 7 before I can talk to someone who doesn't go by a script, so please keep us up to date about what you discover.
rhdcheme
Lorton, VA

rhdcheme

Don 't know what happened but speeds on all servers are back to normal!

Check it out for yourself.

FIOS tech has not arrived yet.