uniqs
share rss forum feed

Guzzler

join:2002-09-24
Tempe, AZ
kudos:1
reply to Methadras

Re: [CA] Cox blocking torrent sites...

I think we have ruled out that Cox is blocking torrent sites. Those are just flaky sites that go up and down on a whim.

Methadras

join:2004-05-26
Spring Valley, CA

said by Guzzler:

I think we have ruled out that Cox is blocking torrent sites. Those are just flaky sites that go up and down on a whim.

No, that hasn't been ruled out since I can connect to torrentcrazy.com through my verizon 4g connection, I can connect to it from my work computer, I can connect to it through my at&t 4g connection and most other wireless connections outside of cox. As a matter of fact, I just did a brand new install of windows 7 on this computer that I'm typing on right now and I can't access it through cox either. There is nothing loaded on this machine except for internet explorer. At this point, I have to assume that cox is either blocking it or rerouting it into a black hole somewhere.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2

1 edit

Or torrentcrazy.com is blocking Cox, some or all of their IP blocks. Meanwhile I'm seeing the exact same thing (page won't load) using Clearwire. I think it is on TC's end.

Anon4O1

@cox.net
reply to Methadras

said by Methadras:

No, that hasn't been ruled out since I can connect to torrentcrazy.com through my verizon 4g connection, I can connect to it from my work computer, I can connect to it through my at&t 4g connection and most other wireless connections outside of cox. As a matter of fact, I just did a brand new install of windows 7 on this computer that I'm typing on right now and I can't access it through cox either. There is nothing loaded on this machine except for internet explorer. At this point, I have to assume that cox is either blocking it or rerouting it into a black hole somewhere.

Not a DNS or routing issue.

H:\>tracert torrentcrazy.com

Tracing route to torrentcrazy.com [94.185.82.42]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1	 torrentcrazy.com
Server:  ns1.ri.cox.net
Address:  68.9.16.30

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:	torrentcrazy.com
Address:  94.185.82.42

> torrentcrazy.com
Server:  ip68-105-28-16.at.at.cox.net
Address:  68.105.28.16

> torrentcrazy.com
Server:  google-public-dns-a.google.com
Address:  8.8.8.8

judgeroybean

@cox.net
reply to odog

said by odog:

Not sure what you mean by that, but COX has it's own discrete DNS servers. L3 has anycasted DNS servers all over america in a few of their larger peering points/datacenters.

Cox sources direct from one of the root servers?

Methadras

Spring Valley, CA
reply to skeechan

said by skeechan:

Or torrentcrazy.com is blocking Cox, some or all of their IP blocks. Meanwhile I'm seeing the exact same thing (page won't load) using Clearwire. I think it is on TC's end.

That would certainly be interesting to note that TC might be blocking itself from these blocks of ip's. I wonder if it's intentional. Certainly interesting.

Methadras

Spring Valley, CA
reply to Methadras

By the way, can anyone from cox confirm any of this?

Anon1

@cox.net

this site loads with default COX DNS
»imgur.com/1gv6A

quality torrents though.....

Methadras

Spring Valley, CA

said by Anon1 :

this site loads with default COX DNS
»imgur.com/1gv6A

quality torrents though.....

where are you located?

Anon1

@cox.net

where are you located?

Phoenix, AZ

Methadras

Spring Valley, CA

Yeah, I'm in san diego and with cox network it's a no go. Other networks work just fine so far. Anyone else in San Diego with cox getting a white page of death from torrentcrazy.com?

Methadras

Spring Valley, CA
reply to Methadras

So can anyone from cox confirm or deny that you are blocking crazytorrent.com at least in the san diego area?

macbookproi5

join:2012-05-27
reply to Methadras

I have cox how come I am able to go there

Bolt Pride
Premium
join:2001-02-15
Escondido, CA
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to Methadras

said by Methadras:

Yeah, I'm in san diego and with cox network it's a no go. Other networks work just fine so far. Anyone else in San Diego with cox getting a white page of death from torrentcrazy.com?

It loads just fine for me.
--