All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
dabhome
join:2012-10-28
Livonia, MI

dabhome to motorola870

to motorola870

Re: If you could add a product, feature or make a change...

said by motorola870:

hold on a second did you upgrade to whole house DVR? If so iGuide would not be on your settop it is running Navigator and the old boxes still run iGuide you just have to get used to Navigator as the new boxes for multiroom do not use iGuide and there is no such thing as the old iGuide it is still on the system.

Well I did not upgrade to Whole House DVR, but they gave me a DCX 3510 anyways. The installer said that was all they were giving out now (Livonia Brighthouse). I called it iGuide because that is what everybody in our cable office calls it. I just found out today that it is actually Navigator while looking around the web.

Bottom line, I have Navigator but I don't have whole house DVR. So my comments are for Navigator.

David Brown

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by dabhome:

said by motorola870:

hold on a second did you upgrade to whole house DVR? If so iGuide would not be on your settop it is running Navigator and the old boxes still run iGuide you just have to get used to Navigator as the new boxes for multiroom do not use iGuide and there is no such thing as the old iGuide it is still on the system.

Well I did not upgrade to Whole House DVR, but they gave me a DCX 3510 anyways. The installer said that was all they were giving out now (Livonia Brighthouse). I called it iGuide because that is what everybody in our cable office calls it. I just found out today that it is actually Navigator while looking around the web.

Bottom line, I have Navigator but I don't have whole house DVR. So my comments are for Navigator.

David Brown

well they are ordering only DCX3510s now but the iGuide boxes are still on the system.
dabhome
Livonia, MI

dabhome

As I said, my comments are for the software running on my box on Bright House Networks. I didn't get a choice of Navigator or iGuide. I got what they gave me.

Any feedback on my comments? Do you disagree with my statements or recommendations?

An additional comment. Bright House made a big deal about the look back feature. However, the Bright House website says it is not available in Livonia. My searching the networks showed it available on A&E, but I have never gotten it to actually work.

To me this is shoddy and deceptive advertising.

David

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by dabhome:

As I said, my comments are for the software running on my box on Bright House Networks. I didn't get a choice of Navigator or iGuide. I got what they gave me.

Any feedback on my comments? Do you disagree with my statements or recommendations?

An additional comment. Bright House made a big deal about the look back feature. However, the Bright House website says it is not available in Livonia. My searching the networks showed it available on A&E, but I have never gotten it to actually work.

To me this is shoddy and deceptive advertising.

David

I try to avoid Navigator like the plague due to what has happened here with how software updates were handled with the ODN 5.2 black guide upgrade. Time Warner Cable added startover/lookback to the iGuide boxes in North Texas here in July so all of our boxes support startover/lookback and caller id on tv. Startover and lookback with iGuide could use some tweaks such as the time being added to the info bar when you press info in a show that you started over and bookmarks for shows you started over.
dabhome
Livonia, MI

dabhome

said by motorola870:

I try to avoid Navigator like the plague due to what has happened here with how software updates were handled with the ODN 5.2 black guide upgrade. Time Warner Cable added startover/lookback to the iGuide boxes in North Texas here in July so all of our boxes support startover/lookback and caller id on tv. Startover and lookback with iGuide could use some tweaks such as the time being added to the info bar when you press info in a show that you started over and bookmarks for shows you started over.

I have seen a lot of comments about the black guide upgrade. Interestingly, my Navigator guide is white on grey (not black). I find it easy to read. In fact, the guide is very nice to use with the category filter option. However, there is no way to change the color like in iGuide.

David