spc
Search similar:

uniqs
nitzan
Premium Member
join:2008-02-27

nitzan

Premium Member

[Future9] Free porting in NY, CA, PA, DE, MD, VA, and WV.

Hi Guys,

Although I am uncomfortable with the timing, two of our competitors decided to do this, so in order to remain competitive we will too: for the next 7 days (until Nov 7th) we offer a free porting special in the following states:

• New York
• California
• Pennsylvania
• Delaware
• Maryland
• Virginia
• West Virginia

To take advantage of this offer:
1. Create an account: »www.future-nine.com/
2. Deposit credit in your account.
3. Once your account is verified, submit your port request via the Number Porting link inside the web console.
4. In the Special Requests field of the form please mention couple code KEWTD.
5. Make sure to print out, sign, scan, and email us the LOA (Letter Of Authorization) - the sooner you do it the sooner we can port your number.
6. A copy of your bill is NOT required for this offer.

First person to figure out what KEWTD stands for gets a cookie.

All of our phone numbers under any plan come with 2000 free incoming minutes and free incoming Caller ID Name. Outgoing Caller ID Name and E911 are available at an extra charge.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
nitzan

nitzan

Premium Member

Additional info:
* It will take between a few days to a week to port these numbers. Note we cannot guarantee this but based on past experience with these carriers they are fast.
* We operate a fully redundant network based in two continents (US and Europe). In case of a massive disaster in one of them service will automatically fail over to the other data center within minutes. This applies in all states above except California where we'll have to fail it over manually (which may take a few hours). Either way there is zero chance of your service being down for days due to a natural disaster.
userofdsl
join:2000-07-31
Somerville, MA

userofdsl

How long for a non-free port from a number in Massachusetts?
lpn2
join:2012-10-31
Boston, MA

lpn2 to nitzan

to nitzan
What about Connecticut? (seeing that you offer this to states hit by Sandy)
nitzan
Premium Member

nitzan

Premium Member

Unfortunately both MA and CT are served by carriers who are painfully slow so 3-4 weeks in those states. We could discount the port to $10 with those, but we can't make them port any faster.
nitzan

nitzan to userofdsl

Premium Member

to userofdsl
If you can't find a VOIP provider that will port it within a few days, your best bet is someone like T-mobile prepaid. It doesn't cost much and they're very fast on porting. You could always port it out to a VOIP provider later if you wish.
userofdsl
join:2000-07-31
Somerville, MA

userofdsl to nitzan

to nitzan
Nitzan, any ideas on where, if anywhere, I can get a fast port from my MA number originally assigned to Verizon, now with Callcentric?

Including non-VoIP carriers, such as Verizon, VZ wireless, T-Mobile, Comcast voice, etc.
said by nitzan:

Unfortunately both MA and CT are served by carriers who are painfully slow so 3-4 weeks in those states. We could discount the port to $10 with those, but we can't make them port any faster.

userofdsl

2 edits

userofdsl to nitzan

to nitzan
Looks like you were posting about the same idea while I was.

Before I ported from VZ to CC, T-Mobile told me they could port in a few days, but I didn't know if that was true.

If they can now do that from CC, I guess I'm in, absent any other known option.

Update: from their web site, it looks like prepaid T-Mobile may not have call forwarding.

Further update: Definitely doesn't have:
»support.t-mobile.com/thr ··· ad/33237
said by nitzan:

If you can't find a VOIP provider that will port it within a few days, your best bet is someone like T-mobile prepaid. It doesn't cost much and they're very fast on porting. You could always port it out to a VOIP provider later if you wish.

nitzan
Premium Member

nitzan

Premium Member

No- they definitely do NOT have call forwarding. But at least you'll be able to get your calls in while waiting for another provider to port it in - which may take weeks.

Or you could just keep it with CallCentric for the next few weeks. The situation right now is unclear but most likely they'll be back up in a few days.
rsriram22
join:2006-08-14
Lexington, KY

rsriram22 to nitzan

to nitzan
said by nitzan:

what about KY based number (859 area code) - could it be any faster or is is same as MA/CT? i am stuck with CC and am seriously shopping around..

and, btw do you charge any USF fee (or any other fee)?
nitzan
Premium Member

nitzan

Premium Member

Unfortunately KY would be the same. The only states we can port within a few days to a week are the 7 mentioned above.

No- we do not charge USF or any other "junk fees". Pricing is exactly as displayed on our plans page. The only exception is E911 which is $5 setup then $1/month - we provide it at cost. If your usage doesn't require E911 you can just avoid turning it on and you will not be charged.

josephf
join:2009-04-26

josephf to nitzan

to nitzan
How is T-Mobile able to port VoIP numbers so much quicker than other VoIP providers can?

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium Member
join:2002-06-10
Spring, TX

XCOM to nitzan

Premium Member

to nitzan
keep up the good work Future Nine.
nitzan
Premium Member

nitzan to josephf

Premium Member

to josephf
The problem for VOIP providers is that they have to rely on CLECs/ILECs to perform the port for them. Cell carriers are very fast at this but the carriers that provide services to VOIP providers range between a few days to painfully slow. A certain ILEC's wholesale division has a mandatory 14 business day waiting period - that's 3 weeks! smaller CLECs port faster, but they are only available within a limited number of states.

josephf
join:2009-04-26

josephf

So technically a CLEC could quickly port a VoIP DID, at least as fast as T-Mobile. But they are slow due to their own internal bureaucratic process, I take it.
nitzan
Premium Member

nitzan

Premium Member

said by josephf:

So technically a CLEC could quickly port a VoIP DID, at least as fast as T-Mobile. But they are slow due to their own internal bureaucratic process, I take it.

I think cellular is actually faster than a CLEC for other reasons too (I'm not that familiar with the process), but in general yes - a CLEC could process it in a few days, they're mostly just slow due to their own bureaucratic processes. The fastest ports I've seen were from the CLECs we're using for this offer which usually take a few days.
Cal96
join:2004-11-05

1 recommendation

Cal96 to nitzan

to nitzan
KEWTD = Kick 'Em When They're Down

Chocolate chip, please.
nitzan
Premium Member

nitzan

Premium Member

said by Cal96:

KEWTD = Kick 'Em When They're Down

Chocolate chip, please.

You sir, deserve a cookie!
rsriram22
join:2006-08-14
Lexington, KY

rsriram22 to nitzan

to nitzan
said by nitzan:

would it be any faster to move out from voip to TMobile and from there another VOIP provider or is it easier to move from voip-voip?

thanks
nitzan
Premium Member

nitzan

Premium Member

Wouldn't make much of a difference, but overall I think it would be faster to move voip->voip because you wouldn't have to wait for the T-Mo port to finish before starting the VOIP port.

Boolah
join:2003-11-08

Boolah

Out of curiosity, why does it take VoIP companies so much longer to port numbers than cell phone companies (in general)?
nitzan
Premium Member

nitzan

Premium Member

said by Boolah:

Out of curiosity, why does it take VoIP companies so much longer to port numbers than cell phone companies (in general)?

Bureaucracy on the carrier side for the most part. In some areas (which have a lot of CLECs) we have a choice and can choose faster carriers, but in most areas choice is limited so we have to go with the bigger carriers (and that means more bureaucracy and longer ports).
OmagicQ
Posting in a thread near you
join:2003-10-23
Bakersfield, CA

OmagicQ to nitzan

to nitzan
Whats the per-month/per-minute pricing on ported numbers?
nitzan
Premium Member

nitzan

Premium Member

said by OmagicQ:

Whats the per-month/per-minute pricing on ported numbers?

Pay-as-you-go plan: $5/mo
Bare Essentials plan: $7/mo or $75/year (includes 250 outgoing minutes/mo)
America Free plan: $13.5/mo or $135/year (includes up to 2000 minutes outgoing/mo)

All plans include 2000 free incoming minutes and free incoming CNAM. Outgoing CNAM available for a $5 one-time fee (available only in these states!).
sn9
join:2010-12-30
San Francisco, CA

sn9 to nitzan

to nitzan
Just my luck that I saw this only now. Not that it would have mattered anyway, because can't start the $75/year plan until the 12-month lease is signed, likely next month. A friend of mine has great difficulty remembering phone numbers, especially her own, so naturally she wants to keep her landline number through her upcoming move, but AT&T says the only way she can keep it is to port it out to cell or VoIP. She uses mostly her existing cell, so the landline gets little use and E911 is a must. Cost is also a big issue because moving expenses will be harsh, adding to existing debt.
nitzan
Premium Member

nitzan

Premium Member

If she's in one of the areas covered by this offer we can honor it anyway. Please PM me her account number when you submit the port.
sn9
San Francisco, CA

sn9

I think being in the capital city of one of the states mentioned in the OP would definitely put her in one of the covered areas. She won't know for a couple of weeks when she can move in, which is when the port could be submitted. What I was REALLY hoping was to find some kind soul with a referral link who'd be willing to return the referral credit, because every penny counts. I went to the conference at »vuc.me to look for that, and not only had no one there ever heard of F9, but they all in unison assured me that with your rates, F9 would no longer exist within a few months. Funny, right?
nitzan
Premium Member

nitzan

Premium Member

lol. We're about to celebrate our 5th birthday, so I guess they're wrong.
sn9
San Francisco, CA

sn9

Any idea where ELSE I could find such a kind soul?
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to nitzan

Premium Member

to nitzan
said by nitzan:

lol. We're about to celebrate our 5th birthday, so I guess they're wrong.

Indeed!

Is it time to modify the TOS which still refer to F9 being in Beta?

»www.future-nine.com/term ··· ice.html

[7. Beta Service - FNC is currently under a "Beta testing" mode. What this means is that some services will not act as expected, some features might not work, and in general FNC makes absolutely no claim for quality of service or availability of features. FNC will give Customer the best service FNC can provide under these circumstances, but customer understands that this is a BEST EFFORT type of service and agrees to hold FNC harmless from any quality of service claims.]