howardfine

join:2002-08-09
Saint Louis, MO
Reviews:
·AT&T Southwest

Firefox lost millions of downloads

ZDNet
quote:
Mozilla saw Firefox daily downloads decrease by 63 percent to a low of just 20,000 a day just before the fix was implemented. Firefox downloads then increased by 150 percent to around 50,000 downloads a day after the Windows fix was issued to EU citizens in February 2010.

With the EU sending the statement of objections, the 27 member state bloc has formally charged Microsoft with antitrust offences following sufficient evidence to do so. Microsoft can either seek to settle the charges, which it will likely do, or battle it out for the long run, in which the software giant could face fines up to 10 percent of its annual turnover -- a maximum of €5.6 billion ($7.3bn).

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver
Microsoft appears to be the only source of income for the EU. I guess they need the money.

howardfine

join:2002-08-09
Saint Louis, MO
This is Microsoft's second violation of the terms. That's why the potential fines are so high.

DataDoc
My avatar looks like me, if I was 2D.
Premium
join:2000-05-14
Martinsburg, WV
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Suddenlink
reply to capdjq
said by capdjq:

Microsoft appears to be the only source of income for the EU. I guess they need the money.

I guess they went through that Nobel prize money pretty fast.
--
Our people asked for help, and were denied help. Three times they asked and three times were refused. Now they're dead.