share rss forum feed

mattmag
Premium,ExMod 2000-03
join:2000-04-09
NW Illinois
kudos:3
reply to fartness

Re: Wet air filter?

That's about the only explanation left, is that the truck was running and the airflow was sufficient to pull the water spray in along with it. Just depending on how that particular car wash is set up; where the spray concentrates, how your truck was positioned and on and on, many variables in place there. It may not even happen the next time you go, but I'd say to be safe shut it off.

jrs8084
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Statesville, NC
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

Somewhat OT: Mattmag: in your experience, have you ever run across a car (well, motor) that has hydrolocked from a car wash?

I guess I could go ask-Autec build car washes in the next building over. You see them loading them on flatbed trucks. They filmed a how its made their one time using their beta test wash they have in front of the plant.

mattmag
Premium,ExMod 2000-03
join:2000-04-09
NW Illinois
kudos:3

Never one that locked, but a few that died and would not start without some hands-on intervention. Mind you, this was in the day of distributor caps, points and rotors, which most people after hearing such words simply give me a blank stare....

There were a few in the electronic ignition era as well, but most of those generally revealed some shortcoming in the system, like a bad plug wire that would cause a temporary misfire until the engine dried.