Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

OTIS3

join:2011-09-29
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

TekTalk Business Continuity?

With the current storm that hit NYC and areas quite hard, a number of VOIP providers have had their business continuity / disaster recover tested. Some have passed, some have terribly failed.

So the question is what kind of business continuity does TekTalk have? What happens in the event of a power failure? What happens in the event of a flood / fire in your datacenter?

This is a chance to gain customers, and if you haven’t guessed I was on a VOIP provider that failed.

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33

1 edit

Looking into getting you an answer.

Edit :

Here's what I've received.

All of our equipment is located in Toronto. We have 2 battery banks that are backup power for our equipment plus generators to backup the batteries.

Regards,
Martin

OTIS3

join:2011-09-29
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

Is the Toronto site a colocation? where services are provided by a 3rd party, or is it Teksavvy implemented?

Are all other Teksavvy services located here as well, eg Client web portal?

My current provider had all eggs in one basket, so I'm not even able to log into the web site and forward the number to a cell or anything.

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to OTIS3

TekSavvy's hardware for central/eastern Canada is all located in a colocated cage at 151 Front St. in Toronto. Services (such as generators) are provided by colo company that owns the suite containing the cage. Last time I checked, it was Switch & Data, but I could be misremembering or out of date.

All of TekSavvy's equipment (other than anything in their office or out west) is located in that cage. It should survive power failures or transit outages, but it's still a single point of failure; when Peer1's UPS exploded a year or two ago, the firefighters both cut the power to the building and refused to let any generators be used.

My information above could be out of date.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33

said by Guspaz:

when Peer1's UPS exploded a year or two ago, the firefighters both cut the power to the building and refused to let any generators be used.

And what a fun night that was... [/sarcasm]
--
TSI Martin (Escalations / Social Media) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow me on Twitter : @TSIMartin

zacron
Premium
join:2008-11-26
canada

said by TSI Martin:

said by Guspaz:

when Peer1's UPS exploded a year or two ago, the firefighters both cut the power to the building and refused to let any generators be used.

And what a fun night that was... [/sarcasm]

Still remember talking to Jason and Dave was on the phone with Angelo lol.
--
"Lord giveth but he also taketh away"
»www.speedtest.net/result/2102768148.png