All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
talz13
join:2006-03-15
Avon, OH

talz13 to me1212

to me1212

Re: Disney is buying lucasfilm, starwars 7 comes out in 2015.

And here I was just googling 'episode 7' three days ago... Reading all of the comments from Lucas how it was 'never going to happen'. And now this happens!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Ya take that Lucas.

ever since I hear that 7-9 were cancelled I've been mad at Lucus.

RobinK
join:2004-04-16
Canada

RobinK

said by DarkLogix:

Ya take that Lucas.

ever since I hear that 7-9 were cancelled I've been mad at Lucus.

Can't cancel something that was never official.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

It was official, when 1-3 were "officially" announced so were 7-9.

George just got burned with the flame wars over 1-3 so he scrapped 7-9, even though he had the books already.

RobinK
join:2004-04-16
Canada

RobinK

No, it was never announced.

George Lucas said he is ending it with 6 movies because he wanted to end it with Luke and Anakin's story. He never really did know what he wanted to do with the franchise.

Just because George Lucas talked about it 30 years ago does not make it official. That is not how it works.

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

Well, according to the USA today article episode 7, 8, 9 and possibly beyond sound fairly official now so,………
quote:
Disney expects to more aggressively expand the Star Wars film schedule, Iger said in a statement. Following the release of Episode VII in 2015, "our long term plan is to release a new Star Wars feature film every two to three years," Iger said.
Star Wars Episodes VIII and IX, Iger said, would follow "probably on a cadence of every other year and then go from there. . . . The (first) film is in early stage development right now."

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to RobinK

Premium Member

to RobinK
said by RobinK:

No, it was never announced.

George Lucas said he is ending it with 6 movies because he wanted to end it with Luke and Anakin's story. He never really did know what he wanted to do with the franchise.

Just because George Lucas talked about it 30 years ago does not make it official. That is not how it works.

Obviously its been lost to time, but back before 1-3 were even made he said he was going to do 7-9 later, but later announced that 1-3 was it.