Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

[Raiding] UI and Addon Thread

I will post my list of addons and a clean UI when I get back home. The intentio of this thread is to post what you have and we can find a way to share our addon packages.

GO!

Blockgorilla
Sarcasm is my native tongue
join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla

straight ELVUI, with custom macros depeding on role. that is all.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Screenshot or it didn't happen.

Blockgorilla
Sarcasm is my native tongue
join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla

said by Jobbie:

Screenshot or it didn't happen.

internet not installed until friday

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
Speaking of ElvUI... I found a video online of how to set it up (the point being for people to see what comes in the package download). It does sound like I will be able to disable it's Grid UI... which sounds good.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· sxI&hd=1

eve8
Premium Member
join:2003-01-02
Alexandria, VA

eve8 to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
Screenshot when I'm home but... off the top of my head...

Bartender
Shadowed UF
Altoholic - Just an awesome addon if you've got multiple alts/bank toons
SexyMap
VuhDo - My favorite healing addon.
Quartz
NeedToKnow
TellMeWhen
Omen
OmniCC
BigWigs
SellJunk
ArkInventory - Love this bag addon
Addon Control Panel

Custom UI. Two bars centered at the bottom middle of my screen.

Very minimalistic. Just something I acquired from my years of hardcore raiding. Don't need the fancy stuff that UI compilations give.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

1 edit

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Recount
Recount threat
DBM-core
DBM-Classic/BC
DBM-Wrath
DBM-Cata
Reforge lite (disabled till I need to reforge)
edit: AddOn Control Panel (I forgot about it because it feels like part of wow)

then some addons that I leave disabled most of the time.
Questcompletist
TomTom
Lorewalkers (data for tomtom)
Gathermate2
Gatermate2data

I have playerscore installed but haven't enabled it since wrath.

I think there's a few others but that's off the top of my head.

On my priest so far I've only used focus macros and that's worked fine for dungeons (I need to level the priest some more its only 81, but now only has the 80-85 heirlooms)

Cake09
Premium Member
join:2009-09-29
united state

Cake09 to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
Grid
Battleground Targets
OmniCC
Gladius
Decursive

DBM though it is disabled at present.

Feralmordius
join:2011-01-18

Feralmordius to Blockgorilla

to Blockgorilla
What does ElvUI use for bar management? Is it built in?

Currently I use bartender and it can be very finicky during setup but once setup it seems solid.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

1 edit

Immer to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
I'll share a screenshot later, but here is a list of my current addons:
• Addon Control Panel
• Bartender
• Clique
• WeakAuras
• DeadlyBossMods
• Skada
• MoveAnything
• TipTac
• Omen
• Gnosis (Castbar)
• Elkano's Buff Bars
• EnsidiaFails

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

I used Elk's for a long time, but eventually figured that I liked to have icons for random gibberish and bars for debuffs.

I've since switched to Raven. It's got a pretty good configuration interface (powerful, but has a lot of sensible defaults/preconfigurations for grouping), and lets me have icons AND bars in one UI package.

And I don't have to constantly show/hide anchors to make edits to my Elk's bars anymore

So. Throwing that pitch out there.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

I'll give Raven a look, thanks for the tip.

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

I think it must've been someone's attempt to make Satrina's not be a huge resource hog that requires a master's degree to configure. It's pretty successful.

Otherwise, I think my addon list looks nearly exactly like yours + VuhDo and some utilities like RaidBuffStatus and AutoCombatLogger.

Which, immer, if you don't have AutoCombatLogger, install it. It's a godsend: never forget to turn on logging in appropriate environments.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Nick D:

Which, immer, if you don't have AutoCombatLogger, install it. It's a godsend: never forget to turn on logging in appropriate environments.

But I've never forgotten to... well... there was the 1.... and that other...and... thanks for the tip!

eve8
Premium Member
join:2003-01-02
Alexandria, VA

1 recommendation

eve8 to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
Click for full size
Here's my UI. Guildie asked to do BGs, which I never do hence only showing 5 of 8 groups.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

So clean and pretty.

Like!
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

1 edit

JoelC707 to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
Click for full size
Click for full size
_NPCScan
Addon Control Panel
Altoholic
Archy
AtlasLoot Enhanced
Auctioneer
Bagnon
Battle Pet - Quality Notifier
Carbonite
DBM (and all the assorted old world versions)
Dominoes
HealBot
Healium
Omen
PlayerScore
Postal
QuestHubber
RatingBuster
Recount
CLCRet
X-Perl

Obviously not all of those are UI related, that's mostly my list of addons as seen by Curse Client.

Yes, I know I have two healing addons. That's because I've copied this instance of WoW between my computer and my GF's computer and vice versa. She uses HealBot and I last used Healium. I tried HealBot but didn't like it. I don't exactly like Healium either but I can use it better than HealBot.

Added screenshot of overall view of one of my toons and config mode of both X-Perl and Dominoes to show where certain things are they aren't currently visible (pet bar, party/raid frames, etc). Any other screenshots you want just ask.

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

Healium? Isn't that the one that puts a button to click for your spells per spell per member of your party?
JoelC707
Premium Member
Lanett, AL

JoelC707

Premium Member

Yep, that's it. Not much different than HealBot in terms of clicking things, only difference is I don't have to remember modifiers. I use the mouse to move and keep my left hand on 2-5 and have all of my "main" abilities of any given toon on 1-6 and sometimes stretching that to 7 and 8 for spells I need but not often (and aren't always practical to click with)

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

There's a fairly large difference between clicking the box with a keybind and finding the exact right spell in a longish list to click the spell to cast on them.

Also the scaling problem of having 25 people with 10 buttons each.

inb4 drew with "use mouseovers"
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
Click for full size
Click for full size
mine is very simple

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

How does your party frames scale to raid levels?
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

i use blizz for groups of 10 or more you can disable suf that way
JoelC707
Premium Member
Lanett, AL

JoelC707 to Nick D

Premium Member

to Nick D
Understood and I agree with you, that's why I don't like Healium either. It takes up a LOT of screen realestate sometimes. For party healing and 10-man it was OK as I turned off X-perl's raid/party frames and I could find the spell I needed easily. I didn't do LFR or 25-man healing and not sure I would want to with Healium.

I've never tried Vhudu (SP?) but I've had others recommend it before. Mouseovers are interesting and I could give them a try. One issue I have with all of these options is that since I use the mouse to move, if I have to click on something it forces me to revert to WSAD or arrow keys for movement and I really suck at moving that way. Baiscally I end up with tunnel vision and forget to move out of a void zone or something or yeah. Mouseovers might work but I still couldn't heal and move with the mouse.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

that is why positioning is important and i have strafe bound to my 2 side mouse buttons so i can mouseover and move at the same time

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D to JoelC707

Premium Member

to JoelC707
I mean, at some point you have to use your mouse to target, either by clicking something or just by moving the cursor. Using mouseovers removes your mouse buttons from casting spells (which is probably good), but targeting is always going to be limited to the mouse only.

And I don't think there's a real way to resolve that. If your mouse buttons cause a run forward or a strafe, that will work fine with VuhDo/Healbot/etc. If you need to actually move the mouse to turn or whatever, nothing can solve that.
JoelC707
Premium Member
Lanett, AL

JoelC707 to cymraeg

Premium Member

to cymraeg
Yeah I could do my best healing if I could find a safe spot and just stay there, but if I had to move my healing capacity tanked. Of course I did JUST start healing in FL and we quit raiding as a guild a couple of weeks into DS so I don't have much experience with it.

As for mouse, I use a Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman. I have two additional buttons that I have set to vent PTT and autorun. I do have buttons on either side of the scroll wheel I could probably set to L/R strafe but I'm not as accustomed to using those buttons because well, I really don't ever use them.
JoelC707

JoelC707 to Nick D

Premium Member

to Nick D
said by Nick D:

If you need to actually move the mouse to turn or whatever, nothing can solve that.

Bingo, there's my problem. I use L/R button to move and direct the toon/camera with the movement of the mouse. Because I use a trackball this is actually not as bad as it sounds. I've tried it with a standard mouse and it feels very cludgy.

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

To be fair, mouse turning is common practice, and you just get used to turning real quick and then repositioning your mouse.

I'm pretty sure you can do mouseovers in Healbot. You definitely can in VuhDo. They cover very much the same ground in terms of the basics. Give 'er a try.

I still prefer clicks+modifiers to heal personally.
JoelC707
Premium Member
Lanett, AL

JoelC707

Premium Member

Will do and thanks for the tips everyone (and feel free to send me more if you've got any other pointers). My druid (the last toon I healed on) is still only 87 and honestly I really just started leveling my toons from 85 maybe a month or so ago so I'm a bit behind anyway.