Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5
reply to 88615298

Re: Wii U

said by 88615298:

said by ptrowski:

Remember when people predicted the Wii would fail? Me too. It didn't. You keep mentioning serious gamers, but don't forget the huge market of people who aren't. Overall the wii can be a fun console, and to have it upgraded with better graphics etc will be nice.

It sold because it had a gimmicky controller and much lower price than the PS3 and XBOX 360. The WiiU will NOT be lower than these 2 and no one cares about this new gimmick they have. And their old gimmick is incorporated in the 360 and PS3.

If you look at an apples to apples comparison the WiiU will sell less units than the 360 or PS3 which is the consoles it should be compared too. I'm sick of people comparing Wii sales to PS3 and 360 when the Wii was a glorified PS2/Xbox.

So if Sony or MS offers an innovation, it is an innovation. If Nintendo offers an innovation, it is a gimmick? C'mon, they are moving the tech forward. Until holographic tech arrives, things like this are neat and excite shoppers to buy.

And I agree "Serious Gamers"? What a term! If you're not a SERIOUS gamer, what are you, a loser? I think not. Gaming is supposed to be fun and is supposed to enrich life. Whatever any company offers towards that end is just fine. Wii people are just as valid as PS3 people.

OMGz, !m $0 !33t! Yeah, and so?
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

Metatron2008
Premium
join:2008-09-02
united state
Seriously, as a long time Nintendo fan, they are pretty much THE gimmick company. At least today they are. They still make fun games, but add largely useless gimmicks, such as the wii mote or '3d'.

The wii mote suffered largely from accuracy issues, as well as the graphics. The accuracy issue and the lgeions of shit games kept it mainly a gimmick.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle

1 recommendation

Well, MS has their watcha ma call it, the thing that has cameras that watch your body movement. Isn't that a gimmick? I don't follow this stuff much, but my impression is, if they are gimmicks, Sony and MS do it too. What's in a name...

Metatron2008
Premium
join:2008-09-02
united state
In a lot of ways. It tracks movement better then the wii however.

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2
reply to signmeuptoo
said by signmeuptoo:

Well, MS has their watcha ma call it, the thing that has cameras that watch your body movement. Isn't that a gimmick? I don't follow this stuff much, but my impression is, if they are gimmicks, Sony and MS do it too. What's in a name...

Yep. The only motion control scheme that I've actually liked for 'hardcore' games has been the PS Move with the gun peripheral. It works as well if not better than any controller in compatible FPSs (Killzone 3, Resistance 3) once you get used to it. But that only came about as a direct answer to the Wiimote, even if it does work 1000X better.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle
I suppose these are gimmicks now, but are also innovations that will lead to real advances in the future. We all crawl before we walk, and I swear, the rest of the animal kingdom must find humans bizarre for walking on 2 legs...