All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
marcelm
join:2006-06-19
Ancaster, ON

1 recommendation

marcelm

Re: [INTERNET] - What to do when you experience a DDoS attack?

The conclusion:

Yes, I was running an Open DNS Server. My bad. I did not understand the concept of recursion. Hopefully I am now running a Closed DNS server for my domain names.

But: there is an inherent problem in Cogeco's only using the 'official' Cogeco email to communicate the problem to me. I understand there is a fix in process for this but it is curious in the multiple times that I called technical support they were not able to know I had received such notices as well.

All in all, yet another learning experience.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer

Premium Member

said by marcelm:

But: there is an inherent problem in Cogeco's only using the 'official' Cogeco email to communicate the problem to me.

It's beyond ridiculous really. Well beyond. I've never in all my life seen anything like it.

So now you know what EasyDNS puts up with.

Mike

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot to marcelm

Premium Member

to marcelm
said by marcelm:

But: there is an inherent problem in Cogeco's only using the 'official' Cogeco email to communicate the problem to me. I understand there is a fix in process for this but it is curious in the multiple times that I called technical support they were not able to know I had received such notices as well.

Personally, I feel it should be procedural to ask the customer if their primary email address will be their Cogeco email address or a pre-existing email address and if it's a pre-existing address, use that as the primary contact for all communications.