uniqs
share rss forum feed

Slava
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-04
Fair Lawn, NJ
reply to Slava

Re: Sandy, I don't fear you!

No power in the house since 8 P.M Monday night and not sure when power will be restored. Writing this from my sister in laws house.

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Co-Lead Mod
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ
Went through a part of Fairlawn yesterday, while negotiating my way north and out from Hoboken.

Slava
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-04
Fair Lawn, NJ
said by tmpchaos:

Went through a part of Fairlawn yesterday, while negotiating my way north and out from Hoboken.

Majority of us are still in the dark. My in-laws live half a mile from me and have not been affected at all. First two night we slept in the dark cold house, since then we have basically moved in with them. It's funny how this 10 year old lap top saves me again in keeping in touch.

Gas is a real challenge around here and people are going to extreme measures. I cross my fingers and hope things will start to shortly get back to normal.

This morning, my sister and law and I got up at 4:30 in order to get to grandfather who is 85 and lives in Brooklyn, not a pretty picture there at all. We got up that early because to get into Manhattan there is a 3 person restriction and so we had to get into the city before 6AM. It was a very successful trip, he is now here and in the warm as well as all the other comforts that come with electricity.

I cross my fingers and wish for the best, been off of work this entire week and come Monday I'll try to make my way into work and see what is going on there. That in itself will not be a fun trip as the subways are still in shambles....

In any regards, I feel very fortunate. I know many others around these areas that are really struggling at this point.