how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

join:2000-10-10
Decatur, GA
reply to Dexter

Re: File a homeowner's claim or not?

Insurance companies have taken a bath with Katrina and more recent events. They're very touchy about claims. At one point I read they were dropping people who even inquired about filing a claim.

Your $500 deductible will probably cover the cost of fixing the gutter and removing the stump. I'd save the claim for when you really need it, like when the house burns down or the roof blows off.

workablob

join:2004-06-09
Houston, TX
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by 8744675:

Insurance companies have taken a bath with Katrina and more recent events. They're very touchy about claims. At one point I read they were dropping people who even inquired about filing a claim.

Your $500 deductible will probably cover the cost of fixing the gutter and removing the stump. I'd save the claim for when you really need it, like when the house burns down or the roof blows off.

True that.

We filed late on IKE and were denied by Allstate.

We took them to arbitration and what would have cost them 6,000 cost them 42,000.

But, I guess most people roll over so it pays to deny a lot of claims.

Dave
--
I may have been born yesterday. But it wasn't at night.

Jack_in_VA
Premium
join:2007-11-26
North, VA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Millenicom
reply to 8744675

said by 8744675:

They are not touchy. They just pick an area and not renew any of their policyholders or raise the premiums for all policyholders. Not just the ones who had a loss from a Katrina, Isabel, Irene etc. Allstate and Farm Bureau are doing that here now.

Insurance will fix the house but not remove the stump. Friends have been there done that. One friend had 4 pine trees on his house after Isabel and they paid to cut the trees off the house at the house and left the rest. They fixed the roof framing and replaced all the shingles. His rates did not go up but he was stuck with the cost of removing the remainder of the trees and grinding the stumps.

Insurance premiums will not go up or discounts cancelled because of these type claims.

»Re: File a homeowner's claim or not?