Recently installed Windows 7 and I have been having some weird WIFI problems.
when I connect to my edimax (BR6424N) router, I get very bad connections, with lots of timeouts mid page loading. its is very sporadic and inexplicable. the internet is fine when I connect with a cable and when I connect to the neighbors wifi. It is also fine when I connect my wife's computer to our wifi (she runs vista) and my android tablet is fine too.
I scanned for viruses, changed the wifi password, cleared the cache, and the channel and I also used three different browsers as well as outlook and dropbox and they all have the same problems. If I recall i had a few days where it was fine before this started.
this is really driving me nuts.
any suggestions would be well appreciated.
thanks alot! this will be the fifth forum i am posting in an nobody can help as of yet. I have tried uninstalling all the windows updates, reinstalling the router firmware as well as changing all the setting etc.
1. Tweak test: »/tweakr/block:···a=normal
2. fastest speed test: 4.8Mbitps down .49Mbitps up
3. line quality test: »/testhistory/1847164/cb4e1
4. I am on a cable network and connect through a digital broadband thomson TCM425 modem. my ISP is bezeqint in Israel.
5. my modem has a direct connection, i do nothing
7. I use Win7 home 32bt
8. my down speed should be 5Mbitps
9. My problems persist when I am the only one on the network, using wifi
10. wireless router Edimax BR6424N