• MoveAnything
• TipTac
• Omen
• Gnosis (Castbar)
• Elkano's Buff Bars
• EnsidiaFails
--
Guild leader of Pride and Ego
Good times with Great people in the Best way to spend $15/mo.

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
I used Elk's for a long time, but eventually figured that I liked to have icons for random gibberish and bars for debuffs.

I've since switched to Raven. It's got a pretty good configuration interface (powerful, but has a lot of sensible defaults/preconfigurations for grouping), and lets me have icons AND bars in one UI package.

And I don't have to constantly show/hide anchors to make edits to my Elk's bars anymore

So. Throwing that pitch out there.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
I'll give Raven a look, thanks for the tip.

Nick D
Premium
Orange, CA
I think it must've been someone's attempt to make Satrina's not be a huge resource hog that requires a master's degree to configure. It's pretty successful.

Otherwise, I think my addon list looks nearly exactly like yours + VuhDo and some utilities like RaidBuffStatus and AutoCombatLogger.

Which, immer, if you don't have AutoCombatLogger, install it. It's a godsend: never forget to turn on logging in appropriate environments.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Nick D:

Which, immer, if you don't have AutoCombatLogger, install it. It's a godsend: never forget to turn on logging in appropriate environments.

But I've never forgotten to... well... there was the 1.... and that other...and... thanks for the tip!

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Immer
Click for full size
said by Immer:

I'll share a screenshot later, but here is a list of my current addons:
• Addon Control Panel
• Bartender
• Clique
• WeakAuras
• DeadlyBossMods
• Skada
• MoveAnything
• TipTac
• Omen
• Gnosis (Castbar)
• Elkano's Buff Bars
• EnsidiaFails

so, if I get time.. I'll try out ElvUI. But this works for me for now.
--

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
wow immer, my eyes would be all over the place instead off the middle of the screen with this, if it works for you good on ya

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
My eyes focus primarily on the space between the WeakAura icons that run across the feet of my toon and the Raid Frames along the bottom. The DBM bars fly into that space when something is about to go "boom". The stuff on the sides is there to catch my attention (peripheral vision) if I'm looking for an answer to a problem (dmg/heal meter, buffs/debuffs TipTac). I like to have all of the info there... but not all of it needs to be in the center, if you know what I mean.
--

Tirael
BOHICA
Premium
join:2009-03-18
Sacramento, CA
kudos:2
With your setup, I cannot stress enough that the use of a viewport addon will make your life way easier. The only change I would make is to cover the area where raid frames/dbm bars/chat window/action bars are with a viewport panel. It will resize your viewport (the actual area you can really see) so that the area that is covered by these UI elements is not covering your view of the battlefield, so to speak.
--
“Reality doesn't bite, rather our perception of reality bites.” - Anthony J. D'Angelo

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Yeah, I noticed you used Sunn Viewport Art. I'll look into it when I can find time.... as well as ElvUI. Thanks, T.

Feralmordius

join:2011-01-18
reply to Tirael
Would viewport help with accidental targeting if you miss click something down on your bars?

Sometimes I will click slightly between my buttons and end up targeting so mob or ally behind me. If I could block this area from clicks that would be great.
--
Tiermordius on Nathrezim Server (US)
Main Tank for Pride and Ego

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Feralmordius:

Would viewport help with accidental targeting if you miss click something down on your bars?

Sometimes I will click slightly between my buttons and end up targeting so mob or ally behind me. If I could block this area from clicks that would be great.

well, one thing we did for Skylara was completely eliminate padding from her action bars. There is no space between buttons on her UI. She might misfire an ability, but she won't lose a target! lol.
--

Tirael
BOHICA
Premium
Sacramento, CA
reply to Feralmordius
Yes, as the art covering the viewport can be made noninteractive (meaning it doesn't respond to mouse clicks).
--
“Reality doesn't bite, rather our perception of reality bites.” - Anthony J. D'Angelo

Tirael
BOHICA
Premium
Sacramento, CA
reply to Immer
Click for full size
Without viewport resized
Click for full size
With viewport resized
As you can see from the screenshots, the right one is hiding a significant amount of area that the left one does not.
--

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
nice. I like it!

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
Every time I come by this thread I get sad because my UI is still stock. I healed through Cata with no issue using Blizzard's standard raid frames, but the hotkey UI is still atrocious.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

Goldheart

join:2002-06-09
Ballston Spa, NY
kudos:1
reply to Immer
said by Immer:

nice. I like it!

I use Sunn Viewport myself. Do like.

Gan

join:2009-04-10
Taiwan
reply to Krisnatharok
Click for full size
said by Krisnatharok:

Every time I come by this thread I get sad because my UI is still stock.

I know what you mean. I only have utility addons.

Auctionator
Bagnon
Bagsort
Selljunk
Recount
KillTheHealer

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
I think I have:

Auctioneer
Postal
DBM
GTFO
Recount
Omen
_NPCscan
PVPsound
Reforgenator

Nothing UI-related. Yet.

I would love to sit down and take the time to get FatBoss's set-up right, i love his combat text and how it flows around crosshairs that look like they're ripped from Mass Effect.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
from which toon? he's got a few and in their 25man videos it looks like they mix together 2 or 3 different recordings from different points of view.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
Not sure, I was watching his guide to 10m normal walk-throughs for the bosses in MV.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_gkdUbcnOk&hd=1

so... who's got your back? lol...

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
I just rebuilt my wife's UI... did such a great job (IMO)... now I want to rework mine, lol.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to Immer
said by Immer:

(youtube clip)
who's got your back? lol...

blocked

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
oh well. It's a FatBoss video of how he set up his UI for DS and it looks like it is the same he used for their first MV 10m videos.

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA
Anyone know if SuF show Party members targets? I know Xpearl does.

Nick D
Premium
Orange, CA
said by cigtyme:

Anyone know if SuF show Party members targets? I know Xpearl does.

It does, at least according to the Curse page description.

Supports unit frames are as follows:

Player: Player, Pet, Pet Target
General: Target, Target of Target, Target of Target of Target, Focus, Focus Target
Party: Party, Party Pets, Party Targets
Raid: Raid, Raid Pet, Main Tank, Main Tank Target, Main Assist, Main Assist Target, Boss, Boss Target
Arena: Arena, Arena Target, Arena Pets
Battleground: Battleground, Battleground Target, Battleground Target

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA
Using Xpearl but it is kinda like using the ole Zach Morris Cell phone today, when u could use something that is not so antiquated.