uniqs

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

A real ugly limo for Russia's Chairman

Putin was tired of riding in foreign made armored limos, so he had a Russian designed and built limo commissioned.
»www.csmonitor.com/World/ ··· ade-ride

President Vladimir Putin has decided to ditch the foreign-made armored limousines that have served Kremlin leaders since the collapse of the USSR, and get himself a patriotic Russian ride.

And a prototype of the new "Limo No. 1," the new ZiL-4112P, is now ready for road testing, he added.

I appreciate his patriotic plans, but this is one REAL UGLY ride. See the photo array here:
»allworldcars.com/wordpre ··· ?p=25761

No_Strings

join:2001-11-22
The OC

1 recommendation

No_Strings

Homer Simpson would be proud.

sk1939
Premium Member
join:2010-10-23
Frederick, MD
ARRIS SB8200
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Juniper SRX320

1 edit

sk1939 to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
Very futurisitic looking, but perhaps the builders took the CAD drawings a little too seriously. I took one look at it and had to look again to make sure someone didn't shop a CAD drawing into a real-world picture. (Edit: I was right, it is just a CAD drawing, they haven't built a prototype yet).

"The Russian leader has ordered the replacement of the Kremlin's old, foreign-made limousine fleet with new Russian-built limos."

Followed by...

"The sleek new car that Putin and other top Russian leaders will soon be riding around in, on Kremlin orders, is an updated version of the old ZiL limousines that carried Soviet Politbureau members to and from their dachas back in the days of the USSR."

So we replace old foreign built cars (primarily Mercedes I believe)with even older Russian built POS (no one was lining up to buy Soviet cars when the USSR fell). That is ignoring the fact that it gets less than 9 MPG (the old ZIL's got between 2 and 3.5 MPG, the Mercedes Benz S600 Pullman Guard gets 12 MPG, and the M1A1 Abrams Main Battle Tank gets .6 MPG). The car is also missing a back window, for safeties sake apparently (although I don't know how much safer you could get given modern ballistic glass (90mm) can withstand a direct hit from an RPG.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by sk1939:

(Edit: I was right, it is just a CAD drawing, they haven't built a prototype yet).

There is a prototype. Quoted in article:

And a prototype of the new "Limo No. 1," the new ZiL-4112P, is now ready for road testing, he added.

sk1939
Premium Member
Frederick, MD
ARRIS SB8200
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Juniper SRX320

1 recommendation

sk1939

Premium Member

said by FFH5:

said by sk1939:

(Edit: I was right, it is just a CAD drawing, they haven't built a prototype yet).

There is a prototype. Quoted in article:

Ah. Still dosen't change my other points though (and it is still rather ugly). Russia's auto industry is still a bit of a joke though, take for example the GAZ Volga Siber. GAZ acquired the Chrysler Sebring licenseand decided to further modify the car, resulting in something that looks like a 2004 Chrysler Sebring (in 2008) and powered by the engine (literally) from a Dodge Neon.

Beezel
join:2008-12-15
Las Vegas, NV

Beezel to FFH5

to FFH5
Kind of reminds me of "Black Beauty" Green Hornets ride but on steroids. :P

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

1 edit

CylonRed

MVM

That is what I thought as well - but then I think it looks better than some of the cars here in the US (cough any version of the CTS cough).

mjhouser
Premium Member
join:2001-10-06

2 recommendations

mjhouser to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
Kinda reminds me of a 63 Chrysler 300 4dr hardtop with a 60's Ford/Lincoln grill and an 80's Chevrolet Caprice tail/tail lights.

aurgathor
join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA

aurgathor to FFH5

to FFH5
I don't think it's that bad
»www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/n ··· 4195.ece
»ratrodhotrod.forum24.se/ ··· 542.html
»www.dombosco.fr/article- ··· 076.html

sk1939
Premium Member
Frederick, MD

sk1939

Premium Member

It looks the same as all the old ZILs for the most part, which were still ugly.

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO

nunya to mjhouser

MVM

to mjhouser
That's kind of what I was thinking. My grandparents had a black 68 Chrysler 300 that they had well into the 1980's. It reminds me of that car.

mjhouser
Premium Member
join:2001-10-06

mjhouser

Premium Member

That would of been a cool car with the 375 hp 440.

Mospaw
My socks don't match.

join:2001-01-08
New Braunfels, TX

Mospaw to FFH5

to FFH5
I love the looks of this car. Kind of like a 1980's Aston Martin Lagonda modernized.

And I've been in love with those since they came out.