how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Seaboogers

join:2004-11-01
Sarasota, FL
reply to mmay149q

Re: Poor planning on behalf of the hosting company.

said by mmay149q:

said by daake07:

This is what they deserve for not creating redundancy. I don't care how small you are, if you are hosting any data you must assume it is mission critical for someone and down time is not acceptable.

Yeah, because you know, all those people on the coast without power, which is what is required to use the internet will really be dying to access all the websites this hosting company supports and hosts......

Just curious, do you think before you type?

Matt

Uh...did you actually think before you typed this reponse? If I have to point out the ridiculousness of it, you have bigger problems to worry about.

mmay149q
Premium
join:2009-03-05
Dallas, TX
kudos:48

said by Seaboogers:

said by mmay149q:

said by daake07:

This is what they deserve for not creating redundancy. I don't care how small you are, if you are hosting any data you must assume it is mission critical for someone and down time is not acceptable.

Yeah, because you know, all those people on the coast without power, which is what is required to use the internet will really be dying to access all the websites this hosting company supports and hosts......

Just curious, do you think before you type?

Matt

Uh...did you actually think before you typed this reponse? If I have to point out the ridiculousness of it, you have bigger problems to worry about.

Yes I did, and yes I understand that these services MAY be accessed all over the entire world or even by the astronauts in the space station orbiting the planet..... But we don't know what all is hosted from this one particular site, and how do you know that west coast routing is routing the traffic directly to this data center? When logically it's better to route it to a data center closer on the west coast? See I took that all into play before I typed my sentence, since probably 95% of people on this website don't know everything hosted through that data center, what I said could have a logical backing to it, if it's following the logical flow of how routing on the internet works.

Matt
--
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. -Albert Einstein

TomS_
Git-r-done
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-19
London, UK
kudos:5

Youre also assuming that data is replicated amongst all of these DCs. Id wager the vast majority of it isnt.

This "cloud" thingy is not ubiquitous or omnipresent, there are still plenty of websites and services that will be affected by a single datacentre outage.