uniqs
share rss forum feed

LeeBee
It's Dark Out There

join:2003-06-18
Swissieland
reply to mozerd

Re: [WIN8] Biggest reinvention ever?

I'm with dave - consume the internet=99.9% of computer users.

The keyboard falling will be the biggest technological advance for decades in my opinion.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
kudos:1
Indeed,…

There are a lot of people who are barely computer literate and who don’t want or really care about the use of computers. They only want to be able to do some of the things a computer allows them to do and if they can do it without a traditional computer they will.

rwizard
Premium
join:2004-04-20
Roswell, GA
"There are a lot of people who are barely computer literate and who don’t want or really care about the use of computers. They only want to be able to do some of the things a computer allows them to do and if they can do it without a traditional computer they will. "

How True. Sad to say, the biggest demographic in the retail computer market is not an intelligent, technically savvy (or business savvy) individual looking for a serious tool. Instead, it is a conglomeration of tweeting twits, facebook narcissists, and pr0n downloaders. For them, Windows 8, and Apple's IOSification of their computing platforms, are just what the dimwits ordered.

vaxvms
ferroequine fan
Premium
join:2005-03-01
Wormtown
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Charter
said by rwizard:

Sad to say, the biggest demographic in the retail computer market is not an intelligent, technically savvy (or business savvy) individual looking for a serious tool.

Refresh my memory. When was the last time the biggest demographic in the retail computer market was individuals looking for a serious tool.
--
It's not really power unless you abuse it.

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium
join:2006-10-19
USA
kudos:1
For simplophobes and changelophobes (And also intelligent technically savvy egomanics who need SERIOUS TOOLZ), there is always Linux.

Otherwise, you can just use the desktop, and proceed as usual.

markofmayhem
Why not now?
Premium
join:2004-04-08
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:5
reply to vaxvms
said by vaxvms:

said by rwizard:

Sad to say, the biggest demographic in the retail computer market is not an intelligent, technically savvy (or business savvy) individual looking for a serious tool.

Refresh my memory. When was the last time the biggest demographic in the retail computer market was individuals looking for a serious tool.

Apple Lisa? Although it was "doomed to fail" because it had a "cartoonish oversimplified interface" compared to UNIX... thus was overpriced as it was slow, cumbersome to use, and not tailored to what computer users really wanted.
--
Show off that hardware: join Team Discovery and Team Helix