Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Simba7
I Void Warranties

join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT

Lack of skills means faster i-net could result in job losses

I call 'Bullsh*t' on that one. Lack of skills has nothing to do with it. It's the companies who won't upgrade their aging equipment and/or lines.

Metatron2008
Premium
join:2008-09-02
united state
From that dumbass article:

quote:
“Now that a connection is very fast, a games developer might say that it will develop its video games in Asia. Jobs will be created in Asia, but leaked from Britain,” said Katz.
Yes, because you now have fast internet in the UK, developers will go to asia to develop games!

There's nothing further that needs to be said about a completely retarded, baseless speculative rambling pile of shit article.

elray

join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·EarthLink
reply to Simba7
said by Simba7:

I call 'Bullsh*t' on that one. Lack of skills has nothing to do with it. It's the companies who won't upgrade their aging equipment and/or lines.

Lack of skills has everything to do with it; faster broadband has nothing to do with it. While the article is UK-centric, the tenets apply to the US as well. We crank out millions of functional illiterates who haven't a clue how to do basic math, let alone engineering or chemistry. Companies that want to be competitive and productive absolutely will look to move overseas.

Companies will upgrade their aging lines and equipment - but only where customers are willing to pay for the service; evidence to date, in the US, that a majority of rural non-subscribers are unwilling or uninterested in paying for broadband where it is already available - what incentive would telco have to risk further investment when LTE will come in cheaper and faster?

chgo_man99

join:2010-01-01
San Jose, CA
I doubt it has to do with skills, it's just a lot cheaper there. Producing happens not just offshore but also on shore in small Towns outside major cities, though to.less extent, ie IBM in government service industry.

We fall.behind in education, especially public in k12.com. My nephews in grade schools, don't even have bus taking them from home. Parking lot is small and always full and the kids too small to be dropped off on driveway unsupervised. Next year they're moving to private a catholic school.