dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

avenison
join:2009-12-10

avenison

Re: Sudbury ON - FibreOP FTTH

A few (very small) updates. I haven't seen any work being done along Notre Dame (or anywhere else in town) recently, and the few trucks I've seen were heading towards the valley. There was a truck at the corner of ND and Lasalle today, but a) there's a Bell store there, and b) it turned out to be a BTS truck. I also took this photo. It's currently a crossing point for some lines (looks to be power and cable only). It's probably just construction, but if it extends further east than the roadside buildings, it could be joined to the run near Future Shop through the railway area/swamp/rotary club trail area.

Riplin
join:2002-05-13
canada

Riplin

I doubt they're burying any lines anywhere. This is an aerial venture from what I can tell. If they are burying any its not much.

On that note I haven't seen much action either anywhere. Considering I was told the area I'm in was supposed to be strung by end of july/august its pretty disappointing. Maybe they meant 2013 hah

avenison

avenison

Yes, those flags say buried communication cable, who knows whose they are though. As I said, I expect this is just construction prep, likely for the roadwork going on along there - but as the pole in the background is a crossing-point, it's also plausible that they're running as many lines to the Lasalle CO as it can handle before building out from another location. Probably not, but since we don't know their infrastructure plan, I'll keep on hoping.
Riplin
canada

Riplin

Vianet has been the one doing alot of underground work as well as some eastlink. Prob to save themselves some money from having to deal with a-holes from sudbury hydro.
Riplin

Riplin to avenison

to avenison
Well well, while driving down ND this morning I saw a Vistacare truck stringing fibre in front of pioneer manor. What do you know, start doing other areas before completing the last area. Figures

avenison

avenison

Yep, they were still there this afternoon. I don't know where the north end of the line is, but looks like they're running them from Lasalle southward.

There are flags planted at all the green boxes as far as Staples, the closest one after Pioneer Manor being at the bingo hall.

Interestingly, they're not hanging Bell tags from the line - they are blue but they're Agilis branded. My friends off of Woodbine have had theirs a few weeks now and they like it, I haven't been by myself to check it out yet though.
avenison

avenison

Whoops, must correct an error - according to this post those Agilis tags are the city's fibre and Bell's are the orange ones. Which makes sense, as I tried following the blue run to see where it went, and it disappeared at a larger pole on the corner of the taxation centre's lot. If the fibreOP lines are the ones wrapped with orange where they cross the poles, then they run around the corner and down Lasalle.

The truck was still in front of Pioneer Manor around 4 today, so whatever they're doing there must be a big job. Patience is thinning.
Riplin
canada

Riplin

steel supporting cable was run along hawthorne today by vistcare. Starting to penetrate the adanac area.