how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

patt2k

join:2009-01-16
kudos:1

4G Outage NY

I am outage since yesterday anyone has a link where it is possible to view some sort of update? every person that I know who was Verizon is impacted as well. Thank you

nyrrule27

join:2007-12-06
Howell, NJ
cell towers are down and infrastructure is damaged. Central Offices are under water and without power. Cell servcie could get worse if the backup generators they are hooked to dont get fuel soon

patt2k

Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by nyrrule27:

cell towers are down and infrastructure is damaged. Central Offices are under water and without power. Cell servcie could get worse if the backup generators they are hooked to dont get fuel soon

This sucks are you also impacted?
This makes me think if they will let people cancel without ETF or at least give people CREDIT For whole month. What do you think?

Selenia
Gentoo Convert
Premium
join:2006-09-22
Fort Smith, AR
kudos:2
In most contracts, they are technically not responsible for acts of God. But most companies would give a credit in such a circumstance. I am no Verizon fan. I actually prefer AT&T. But I would not try and cancel because of that, If that is the only reason. It can happen to any company and is beyond their control. Mostly boils down to just dumb luck, as to which provider has service and where in this kind of situation.
--
A fool thinks they know everything.

A wise person knows enough to know they couldn't possibly know everything.

There are zealots for every OS, like every religion. They do not represent the majority of users for either.

nyrrule27

join:2007-12-06
Howell, NJ
reply to patt2k
No I'm not directly impacted. I live. In south jersey and haven't had power since Monday night. I have friends and family both on vz and AT&T in NYC and north nj that have spotty service. I work for vz so I know how badly the infastructure is damaged.

All I have to say is all you really care about is 4g. Be greatful you have service. People lost personal belongings, their houses and even their lives. There are more important things in life the 4g service.

Max Signal
Premium
join:2008-03-07
Buffalo, NY
reply to patt2k
Wow , the worst storm to hit the NE in a hundred years just hit , People are dead , Many Homes and businesses have been lost and basic infrastructure has been destroyed . And you are going to come in and complain about your 4G being down ? Tell me this is a bad joke . I think the carriers have a legit excuse while they try and repair everything . In the meantime you should rethink your priorities.

patt2k

Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by Max Signal:

Wow , the worst storm to hit the NE in a hundred years just hit , People are dead , Many Homes and businesses have been lost and basic infrastructure has been destroyed . And you are going to come in and complain about your 4G being down ? Tell me this is a bad joke . I think the carriers have a legit excuse while they try and repair everything . In the meantime you should rethink your priorities.

My dude it was not just 4G outage so many people were complaining on verizons facebook page because of that no one was able to text/call/data SO BEING IN TOUCH WITH YOUR FAMILY IS NOT A PRIORIRITY? are fking serious!

Max Signal
Premium
Buffalo, NY
Did you watch the news ? all the storm coverage . Did you see how much destruction there is ? All companies are scurrying to restore services . It was the storm of the century . Most still do not even have power . Backup Generators have been destroyed . All the carriers are using every available resource to get things back up and running ! Time for a reality check with what your expectations are . You are worried about getting a refund for the month . Read the fine print in your contract . Act of God !
I ask you - are you serious ?

comp
Premium
join:2001-08-16
Evans City, PA
I have to not side with the OP here. you have MASSIVE infrastructure damage. it is going to take some time for everything to come back up

decifal

join:2007-03-10
Bon Aqua, TN
reply to patt2k
Um, a massive storm hit dude.. Its not like they are out "playing" with the towers for the hell of it.. Give em a fair shake.. I'm not a fanboy by no means, but damage is damage man...

Napsterbater
Meh
Premium,MVM
join:2002-12-28
Milledgeville, GA
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to patt2k
I was in Palm Beach County FL in 2004, a state and area that knows how to prepare for Hurricanes and even then after Frances a lot of cell towers from all providers were taken out of service, also had a lot power outages (I was out for 8 days), but you know what we did, dealt with it, shit happens. Occasionally text message could go though but that was about it, We didn't even have landline service for about 5 weeks (2 weeks after the second Hurricane hit) and only that short because we had a friend who was a bellsouth tech.

There are bigger problems than cell service.
--
ASUS M4A79T Deluxe | AMD Phenom II x3 720 BE AM3 w/4 Cores @ 3.41Ghz(OC) | 4Gb DDR3 Memory @ 1600mhz | Sapphire ATI HD4870 1GB 800mhz/1000mhz(OC) | 2x500GB HDD's Raid 0 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Build 7600 (RTM) | Windstream DSL 12m (14.9m Sync)/766k

Max Signal
Premium
Buffalo, NY
reply to patt2k