Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium Member
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC

Juggernaut

Premium Member

Garmin 2013.30 Maps available now

Get it from MyGarmin for lifetime map units. No word on the large .JCV file as yet, but it's coming.

garminnoob
@sbc.com

garminnoob

Anon

I have a nuvi 1450lmt that I am trying to use the micro sd to store the maps. the internal memory shows full when I try to update. Do I just need to copy the map file over to the micro sd and then put it in the nuvi and it will pull the maps from the sd card?

Thanks

Juggernaut
Premium Member
Kelowna, BC

Juggernaut

Premium Member

If you use the regular downloader, it should give you the option to choose the SD card if the drive is full.

garminnoob
@sbc.com

garminnoob

Anon

Thanks for the response. When I open the garmin app to download, it only gives me the choice to download to device, or my computer. I will try the computer download and then move it to the micro sd and see what happens.

Juggernaut
Premium Member
Kelowna, BC

Juggernaut

Premium Member

You have to click the "Options" button, bottom left corner. It'll be in the first few screens.
b_p_smith
Premium Member
join:2002-02-13
Merrickville, ON

b_p_smith to Juggernaut

Premium Member

to Juggernaut
The Garmin site used to have a link where you could actually look at the current map online, zooming into areas of interest, to decide whether you wanted to take the update or not. I can't find it anymore. Does anybody know if it exists somewhere else?

Brad.

Juggernaut
Premium Member
Kelowna, BC

Juggernaut

Premium Member

Look here, and click the map.

»buy.garmin.com/shop/shop ··· erageTab