spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Noincome

@mycingular.net

[Rant] Bad Service!!!

We live in a small development off of Cub Hill Road. There are approx. 25 to 30 homes in this development and unknown by me is that, all but 5 homes (which I'm included in) in here have Verizon.... What is Comcast up to? Do they actually have crews out? Do they have so few in numbers out that they can't get to us? That is NOT THE CASE!!! Everyone who has Verizon has their cable restored. Everyone on Cub Hill Road, has their cable restored. (Comcast and Verizon..... So I ask, why would Comcast not restore the cable to the 5 homes in this development but yet have everything restored on and around Cub Hill Road? Verizon customers were out of service for approx. 6 to 8 hours at the most. We (Comcast) have been out of service now approx. 53 hours!!! Please can anyone and I mean anyone, tell me what is wrong with this picture? Comcast can't, their picture is OUT..... Oh I also run my company using Comcast High Speed Internet...... I have lost 2 days of income and working on a third!!! Thank you Comcast.

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
kudos:4

1 recommendation

outages are fixed based of severity.

also if you run your business from your home, why don't you have a backup? this would make the most sense since you are talking about lost income.
--
I'm better than you!

FifthE1ement
Tech Nut

join:2005-03-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL
reply to Noincome

said by Noincome :

We live in a small development off of Cub Hill Road. There are approx. 25 to 30 homes in this development and unknown by me is that, all but 5 homes (which I'm included in) in here have Verizon.... What is Comcast up to? Do they actually have crews out? Do they have so few in numbers out that they can't get to us? That is NOT THE CASE!!! Everyone who has Verizon has their cable restored. Everyone on Cub Hill Road, has their cable restored. (Comcast and Verizon..... So I ask, why would Comcast not restore the cable to the 5 homes in this development but yet have everything restored on and around Cub Hill Road? Verizon customers were out of service for approx. 6 to 8 hours at the most. We (Comcast) have been out of service now approx. 53 hours!!! Please can anyone and I mean anyone, tell me what is wrong with this picture? Comcast can't, their picture is OUT..... Oh I also run my company using Comcast High Speed Internet...... I have lost 2 days of income and working on a third!!! Thank you Comcast.

It's sad but I think you said it yourself that only 5 homes in your area have Comcast. In emergencies Comcast starts with areas with the most amount of customers in any given area to fix. So if you live in an area with a lot of customers you're going to get turned back on much faster than an area where everyone has Verizon. Just supply and demand. I feel for you though. You should have a backup like mobile data, but I'm not sure how good that will do considering the storm took out 25% of the mobile towers? Do you still have cell service? You could add the hotspot function to your bill for this month and then remove it next month when your cable comes back on?
--
"The relationship between what we see and what we know is never settled..."

Orlando 57

@comcast.net

1 edit

Cable companies have thousands of customers out and all you can do is think of you.

FYI. The problem is a blown fuse in an amp that feeds your five houses.

--------------
Mod Note: »Site FAQ »What are the Rules on Posting?

gustavenla68

join:2011-02-24
Carlisle, PA
reply to gar187er

said by gar187er:

outages are fixed based of severity.

also if you run your business from your home, why don't you have a backup? this would make the most sense since you are talking about lost income.

I never understood this either. When I worked tech support I heard it all the time for home DSL. I am losing X amount of dollars when I am down. If that the case then there is a reason they offer buisness class service with gurenteed sla and not have a back up.

rendrenner

join:2005-09-03
Grandville, MI
reply to Noincome

So when you called in to let them know your service is still out what did they say?

hortnut
Huh?

join:2005-09-25
PNW
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Noincome

said by Noincome :

Have you notified Comcast? What did they say?

No one here can really say what the problem is. I do not even know where Cub Hill Road is. Are you in an area affected by Sandy?

I am in the PNW and not associated with Comcast.

Register on this site and post in the Comcast Direct Forum?
»Comcast Direct

Good luck.

panth1
The Coyote

join:2000-12-11
Boca Raton, FL
reply to Noincome

Get used to it.

I was without power for a week and cable service for 3 weeks after hurricane Wilma came through Florida.