share rss forum feed

JoelC707
Premium
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL
kudos:5
reply to Nick D

Re: [Raiding] UI and Addon Thread

Understood and I agree with you, that's why I don't like Healium either. It takes up a LOT of screen realestate sometimes. For party healing and 10-man it was OK as I turned off X-perl's raid/party frames and I could find the spell I needed easily. I didn't do LFR or 25-man healing and not sure I would want to with Healium.

I've never tried Vhudu (SP?) but I've had others recommend it before. Mouseovers are interesting and I could give them a try. One issue I have with all of these options is that since I use the mouse to move, if I have to click on something it forces me to revert to WSAD or arrow keys for movement and I really suck at moving that way. Baiscally I end up with tunnel vision and forget to move out of a void zone or something or yeah. Mouseovers might work but I still couldn't heal and move with the mouse.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

that is why positioning is important and i have strafe bound to my 2 side mouse buttons so i can mouseover and move at the same time
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
"What happened in here?" " Seems to have been a bit of a squabble." "They're all dead!" " More of a tif then."

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
reply to JoelC707

I mean, at some point you have to use your mouse to target, either by clicking something or just by moving the cursor. Using mouseovers removes your mouse buttons from casting spells (which is probably good), but targeting is always going to be limited to the mouse only.

And I don't think there's a real way to resolve that. If your mouse buttons cause a run forward or a strafe, that will work fine with VuhDo/Healbot/etc. If you need to actually move the mouse to turn or whatever, nothing can solve that.

JoelC707
Premium
Lanett, AL
reply to cymraeg

Yeah I could do my best healing if I could find a safe spot and just stay there, but if I had to move my healing capacity tanked. Of course I did JUST start healing in FL and we quit raiding as a guild a couple of weeks into DS so I don't have much experience with it.

As for mouse, I use a Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman. I have two additional buttons that I have set to vent PTT and autorun. I do have buttons on either side of the scroll wheel I could probably set to L/R strafe but I'm not as accustomed to using those buttons because well, I really don't ever use them.

JoelC707
Premium
Lanett, AL
reply to Nick D

said by Nick D:

If you need to actually move the mouse to turn or whatever, nothing can solve that.

Bingo, there's my problem. I use L/R button to move and direct the toon/camera with the movement of the mouse. Because I use a trackball this is actually not as bad as it sounds. I've tried it with a standard mouse and it feels very cludgy.

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

To be fair, mouse turning is common practice, and you just get used to turning real quick and then repositioning your mouse.

I'm pretty sure you can do mouseovers in Healbot. You definitely can in VuhDo. They cover very much the same ground in terms of the basics. Give 'er a try.

I still prefer clicks+modifiers to heal personally.

JoelC707
Premium
Lanett, AL

Will do and thanks for the tips everyone (and feel free to send me more if you've got any other pointers). My druid (the last toon I healed on) is still only 87 and honestly I really just started leveling my toons from 85 maybe a month or so ago so I'm a bit behind anyway.