All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
DSMdude
join:2012-06-30
Kitchener, ON

DSMdude

[Cable] Slow in KW? (28/1 package)

For almost a week my speed tests have maxed out at 18Mbps and my downloads show the same. Ive done the regular reset on my router and DCM476 but no change. Before I post to the direct forum, how is everyone else in the area?

creed3020
Premium Member
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON

creed3020

Premium Member

I have noticed issues with speed in the past two weeks during peak times. I've not seeing constant blow spec speeds but it does leave me wondering where the POI capacity is at. Perhaps Martin or Marc could give us the skinny on that.

A speedtest just now to speedtest.teksavvy.com yielded 20.69Mbps down and 0.92Mbps up. Other speedtest servers were shown numbers in the 40+ range which is typical with Rogers speedboost.
aver
join:2007-12-03
Kitchener, ON

aver to DSMdude

to DSMdude
My speeds are off right now.. Maxing out around 6-7 Mbps when downloading.
zinc
Premium Member
join:2004-02-17
Kitchener, ON

zinc to DSMdude

Premium Member

to DSMdude
I've got normal speeds in south Kitchener, on 28/1 8x4 DCM475 2.08

TSI Keith
Premium Member
join:2012-07-09

TSI Keith to DSMdude

Premium Member

to DSMdude
If any of you want to post in direct ( »/forum ··· avdirect ) I can give you the information we would need to look into this further and possibly submit a ticket for you

Thank you,
Keith

creed3020
Premium Member
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON

creed3020

Premium Member

Thanks for the offer Keith but I don't want to gum up the works until I have solid day-over-day evidence of poor speeds. I'll continue to collect data and see if any trends emerge.

TSI Support1
TSI Support
Premium Member
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON

TSI Support1

Premium Member

Hey,

I hear ya. It can be tough to catch it while it's happening. Just let us know if you need any assistance and we'll be more than happy to help.

Regards,
TSI-Ashley
bdoyledimou
join:2002-08-20
Markham, ON

bdoyledimou

after a few weeks of solid 23 Mbps i plummeted to 6-9 today -- it is very noticible -- everything crawling
DSMdude
join:2012-06-30
Kitchener, ON

DSMdude

I'm completely down now. Get an IP but no browsing and my web services aren't starting
DSMdude

DSMdude

Disregard-looks like its my DNS service