Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Threatco

join:2011-04-19
Moncton, NB

1 edit

[MoP] Farming rares for their unique item or achievement

Anyone else out there farming the unique rare mobs the spawn around Pandaria?

A Mogu caster that spawns just below the Hozen questing area for the Tillers drops a unique item called Insanity Crystal.

On use +500 to stam, int, spi, agi, str for (1 hour?). Is not consumed on use. Counts as both a battle and guardian elixer. Duration not extended by being alchemist.

500 stam spir and int is going to be better then 1000 int or 1000 spirit in many casses for healers and their dps hybrids.

The rares respawn about every hour, and the drop rate seems to be about 10%.

With the cost of flasks, and the obvious cool factor, will anyone be farming this? Or any of the other items?

I have the Saurok Warbanner that summons a guy who aoe taunts mobs and runs away.

And the Seed of Tranquil Growth, which is an ally on cooldown that heals me for a while.

I use NPCScan addon to find the rares. And I delete my cache folder on the regular.

Anon835

@footlocker.com

I have about 2 dozen rares killed. The best thing I have is an item from a Jinyu in valley of 4 winds, when used it grants you symbiosis effect, 1hr cooldown, persist through death. Free rejuv every 10 sec on my demon lock means I never die doing quite large aoe pulls

I camped the Ghostly Pandaren Fisherman for the lure that drops that gives you a chance to find additional fish from pools in Pandaria. Took about 17 hours, and only respawned after rolling restarts on Tues. About a dozen other people were there, luckily I was able to get in right away and spam my macro.

It also gave me an achievement, but then like the rare-mob one, expands into a new achievement to collect 5 rare items. From there, I am told all the way up to all of them for a title, Relic Hunter. No way in hell am I going to camp 12+ hours for each one, though.

Redawg81
T3h N3wb

join:2001-08-04
Jacksonville, FL
kudos:2
reply to Threatco

I am 7 away from my "Glorious!" Achievement, the best item I found so far is, "Helpful Wikky's Whistle" dropped from Major Nanners. Its whistle that has a 2 hr cool down, summons a lil hozen that you speak yo says he is gonna go "Wikky find presents" and you get a 2 hr buff "Helpful Wikky". This is an item you can pop when you begin dailies or do what I do. The "buff" you get procs the return of the small Hozen once you kill about 50 mobs or so. I proc this in Paoquan Hollow on the wasps drop in on them RoF, done. Once you kill ~ 50 mobs the hozen returns and you need to talk to him again, he hands you a "Bag of helpful things" which contain elixirs, motes of harmony, money and sometimes golden lotus (only seen this once), potions, random low quality food, and greys. This can be done every 2 hrs.

R3d
--
Why can't I decide why my feelings I hide? Always screwing with my mind, a thorn in my spine. Oh sure, it feels fine, wasting all our time. In the back of my mind, a thorn in my spine.We are the Children Of the KoRn.

Threatco

Moncton, NB
reply to Threatco

A few hours after posting this, I go fly by the Mogu's spawn point I mentioned, and there he was. And I got the kill and got The Crystal of Insanity! I am so happy...

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA
kudos:1

1 edit

His name is Sulik'Shor
Which Cache do you dump. The entire cache or just a NPC part of it.

Jodokast

join:2012-05-10

I camped the two rares in dread waste that drops pets, i got both pets and i looked up my pet score, im #1 for my server
my score is something like 6600? or so think im in the top 50 for US. but wow the UE overseas server, there are soo many over 10k scores those European peeps sure take pet battling more serious then us Americans

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

Houma, LA
reply to cigtyme

OK i found out it is C:WorldofWarcraft/Cache/WDM/E-US/Creatures

Jodokast

WowProgress Pet Battle, I heard about one rare that drops a trinket? that has a chance to increase how much gold you get from a kill

Feralmordius

join:2011-01-18
reply to Threatco

I have picked up a few of these items. They are great while questing but they cannot be used outside of Pandaria which also block them from being used in dungeons or raids.
--
Tiermordius on Nathrezim Server (US)
Main Tank for Pride and Ego

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

Houma, LA
reply to Threatco

I really wish i would of never read this thread, i have killed this cat 30 times since i read this. I now do AH, then Dailies, recheck AH, and then camp him until i go to sleep. FML he wont drop the +500 thingy

Jodokast

funny how the rng works, I farmed the rares for the pets and took over 100 kills to get both pets. I kill the rare that drops the +500 to stats one time, to complete the achieve and get it on first drop

the rare that drops the 1000 to all panda rep is INSANELY camped. there was over 20 peeps waiting on him to spawn.

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

Houma, LA

yeah scritch or whatever is like trying to shop at walmart on black friday. But the +500 dude is like dating me, cause i am always waiting for him by myself.

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

Houma, LA

Finally got the damn insanity crystal. Now i am going see a damn shrink. FML 2 weeks

Threatco

Moncton, NB
reply to Feralmordius

said by Feralmordius:

I have picked up a few of these items. They are great while questing but they cannot be used outside of Pandaria which also block them from being used in dungeons or raids.

A couple of the items cant be used outside pandaria. But the flask I posted about can be used everywhere. And many of the other items are not restricted in that either.

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

Houma, LA

it works anyware :P

Arthritis

join:2011-10-20
Canada
reply to Threatco

There are five that I currently farm, and I'll copy and paste to anyone blocked.

Forager's Gloves - Forager's Gloves are a blessing for almost any farmer, whether you are a Skinner, Miner, Or Herbalist! The Forager's Gloves are BoP cloth gloves that while equipped "allow for faster gathering of resources in Pandaria". Yup. They are exactly what they sound like. They decrease your materials collection time! Note: The Forager's Gloves effect does not stack with racial abilities that already increase collecting time, like the Tauren Cultivation skill or the increased Skinning speed of Worgens. Now other races can be just as fast as those speedy Tauren Herbalists and Worgen Skinners, when they wear these new Forager's Gloves. Check out the collecting speed decreases from these great gloves! Drops from Korda Torros in Kun-Lai Summit.
Skinning Time: 2 seconds -> 0.5 seconds with Forager's Gloves
Mining Time: 3.2 seconds -> 1.7 seconds with Forager's Gloves
Herbing Time: 2 seconds -> 0.5 seconds with Forager's Gloves

Note: With the Monk glyph of Zen Flight and forager gloves, you can fly to herbs and gather as fast as a tauren druid. Also, damage from mobs will not break Zen Flight, and you can simply fly away. Works with mining as well.

Hozen Peace Pipe - The Hozen Peace Pipe is going to be a huge gold maker for anyone lucky enough to find one early and who is also willing to sell their Hozen Peace Pipe. The Hozen Peace Pipe is a non-BoP consumable that increase your reputation with most of the new MoP faction reputations by 1000 per Hozen Peace Pipe used! This includes factions like The Tillers, Lorewalkers, Could Serpents, etc, but does not currently (per MoP Beta testing data) include The Brewmasters or The Black Prince. In the right hands, these things will give a huge advantage in WoW gold making. Any Blacksmith, Tailor, Or Leatherworker able to farm or purchase Hozen Peace Pipes will have a huge advantage at getting to the reputation gated Mists of Pandaria crafting recipes quicker than anyone else. The reputation provided via the Hozen Peace Pipe works all the way to Exhalted status. Drops off Scritch in Kun-Lei Summit.

Note: The hozen peace pipe sells for 20-25k on most servers.

Battle Horn - The Battle Horn is a great addition to any farmers arsenal, especially any farmer with limited range-based attacks. The Battle Horn is a BoP horn that when blown attracts all enemies within 40 yards. This will be helpful for pulling even larger packs of mobs at once for your new AoE Looting strategy. There is a 2 minute cooldown on the Battle Horn, but if used on a farming character with Skinning, I bet you hardly notice the cooldown as an issue. Drops off Blackhoof in Valley of the Four Winds.

Golden Fleece - The Golden Fleece is another nice item for any mob killing farmer. It is a BoP unique trinket, so it will require sacrificing a gear slot to use. For this reason it will work best later on when you are farming mobs that don't require your full firepower, thus allowing you to swap out a trinket for increase gold finding. The Golden Fleece text reads, "May cause extra gold to drop whenever you kill a target that yields experience or honor." When you kill a player or mob (that awards honor or xp) there is a chance that the dying mob (or player) will explode into a pile of gold coins, just like the Treasure Goblins in Diablo 3. The procs even sound like the D3 Treasure Goblins! Here's the catch though. Anyone can loot these piles of gold coins, so make sure to grab 'em quick! Each pile can contain around 10 to 30 gold each, and each kill gives a chance at the Golden Fleece triggering for extra gold. Drops off of Omnis Grinlok in Dread Wastes.

Helpful Wikky's Whistle - The Helpful Wikky's Whistle is a pretty interesting BoP vanity item that calls forth a Helpful Wikky (a small Hozen) that you talk to once summoned and then talk to again after you kill 50 mobs without dying. Once you acquire the 50 kills and talk to the Helpful Wikky, he will award you a Bag of Helpful Things, which can contain Motes of Harmony, Elixers, Potions, and other helpful goods. Unfortunately he can only be summoned once per 2 hours and dying wastes your use of this vanity item, but it takes just a single bag space to give the chance at extra goods every 2 hours. Drops off Major Nanners in Vale of Eternal Blossom.

djlar

join:2009-04-23

I just got the Battle Horn, with my ranged shaman... I certaily could use that on my rogue.. I hope they make them BoA sometime..

I had people lurking and attempting to steal my rare kill, by aggroing mobs near me and hoping I hit them with AoE, it didn't work for them, I "ascencion+lust" the rare for a quick kill before they could do something..

Tweakbl

join:2008-09-25
Rosedale, WV
reply to Threatco

Rare NPC's are not the only Rare things spawning in MOP. There are armor and weapons to. Just laying on the ground at certain places.

eve
Premium
join:2003-01-02
Alexandria, VA
reply to Threatco

If you're doing this, setup a batch file to delete the file and load WoW.

No longer the hassle of opening up the directory to delete the file before loading the game.

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

Houma, LA

After just killing rares in all of Pandara i picked up a ILvL 420 epic head soulbound, and a 440 mail agility chest BoE. Anyone else gotten Epics from rares?

Ginjer
Premium
join:2009-08-14
Honolulu, HI

said by cigtyme:

After just killing rares in all of Pandara i picked up a ILvL 420 epic head soulbound, and a 440 mail agility chest BoE. Anyone else gotten Epics from rares?

I got a one hander strength mace. What sucks is it is usuable at 85 and is 440IL I think. However, it is BoP. I don't understand the reasoning behind that? Shouldn't they make all the items BoE?
--
90 Pogasim (Pandaren Monk), 85 Sunlock (Dwarf Lock), 85 Shocktrio (Draeni Shaman)

Tweakbl

Rosedale, WV

1 edit
reply to eve

CCleaner works with this to. Thru the Recyclebin icon you can access costume folders/files with CrapCleaner.

The path is

C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Cache\WDB\enUS\creaturecache.wdb

Tweakbl

Rosedale, WV
Reviews:
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to cigtyme

Yes, some directly. The Monkey in Wilds, drops Spriggin's Sproggin' Leggin' (Healing Leather ilvl 420)

Here is a link to ALL MOP Rare NPCs and what they drop.

»www.wowhead.com/guide=1132/glori···pandaria

Tweakbl

Rosedale, WV
Reviews:
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to Ginjer

Also here is a link to Rare Item spawns.

I do this cause I think its a great feature for WOW. To have items laying around adds a bit of realism the game has been lacking.

With that said. I don't wanna see any you ninjaing my Spawns on Durotan. Beware my Wrath. :-P J/K

»www.wowhead.com/achievement=7281

djlar

join:2009-04-23
reply to Tweakbl

said by Tweakbl:

Rare NPC's are not the only Rare things spawning in MOP. There are armor and weapons to. Just laying on the ground at certain places.

I can't find the mining pick that procs gems when you mine.... I wonder what's the spawn time?

Tweakbl

Rosedale, WV

Not sure, but I got lucky, I have 2 on my main I was planning on sending to DK alt.