Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT
kudos:1
reply to sk1939

Re: Interlock Murray panel

well I'm reading the manual here and they are talking about the hard wire installation now, and by up and over are you talking about the inlet box on the outside? it would be a bit over my head with the height it would just be simple to install the box behind the bushes because it would just be a direct run to the panel, I did that when relocating the power box next to the gas meter to the other side of the house.
--
It's NOT Ni-kon It's NE-KON!

LG is NOT Lifes Good It's Lucky Goldstar!

sk1939
Premium
join:2010-10-23
Mclean, VA
kudos:10
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
·Verizon FiOS
said by Subaru:

well I'm reading the manual here and they are talking about the hard wire installation now, and by up and over are you talking about the inlet box on the outside? it would be a bit over my head with the height it would just be simple to install the box behind the bushes because it would just be a direct run to the panel, I did that when relocating the power box next to the gas meter to the other side of the house.

Referring to the inlet box, you could go around the stonework if need be (assuming that is the handiest location).

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT
It would be best just to have the plug in the front the bushes hide anything, the house had a addition added on in the early 80's or late 70's but the stone is like 7 inches thick stone.

The front is just siding, wood then the insulation then basement.

alkizmo

join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC
said by Subaru:

the house had a addition added on in the early 80's or late 70's but the stone is like 7 inches thick stone.

I drilled through my house's foundation to pass raceway from inside to outside.

It was hard, but I managed to make a 1" hole to fit the PVC raceway for the quickest route to the best location for a generator.

So think about the long term: Do you want a generator at the front of the house. What would be the complications to place the generator at the back of the house, but plug it to the front.