spc
uniqs
whoaru99
join:2003-12-17

4 edits

whoaru99 to mmainprize

to mmainprize

Re: [HSI] Promo up - Options now?

Promo, contract, at the end of the day it's just semantics.

You had to sign a 2 year contract to get that price. Doesn't really matter what you call it, when the deal expires the deal expires and typically you then go to the current rate. Why are you surprised now? Did you think Charter would just forget when the two year deal expires? You should be happy you saved $20-$25 month for two years by taking the deal. You are ~$600 ahead of me and everyone else that didn't take that 2-year deal (well, other than perhaps those that were fortunate enough to secure a promo) and you're pissed? Wow.
15444104 (banned)
join:2012-06-11

2 edits

15444104 (banned)

said by whoaru99:

You had to sign a 2 year contract to get that price. Doesn't really matter what you call it, when the deal expires the deal expires and typically you then go to the current rate.

No, it isn't "just semantics". I think MANY of those unhappy about the increases for the plan they are on are more displeased that they have no other options for lower speeds with lower prices at Charter.

So the customer that is on a tight budget (most folks today) is going to passively part their "cheeks" and take it? Really?

The insulated and detached management execs, CEO, and DoB would like to think so , but most subscribers are really on a very tight budget, so I think they will leave unless there are lower, lesser priced tiers available. You just watch,

Charter is about to plunge head first right back into bankruptcy if they keep up this arrogant plan of theirs.

I liken this to some degree with the situation at the department store JC Penny. The supposedly "Brilliant" (LOL) former Apple exec Ron Johnson was put in as CEO at Penny's to "reinvent" the department store and make it more profitable, BUT, one of his moves was to do away with discount coupons (remember that Apple customers are a different breed than most customers they have more cash to waste).....well after many months of no longer offering the coupons shoppers are staying away in DROVES!!!! and the company is losing money more than they ever did before the change. Why? Because the CEO decided that HE was king and NOT the customer.

In the end it doesn't matter what he thinks as much as what the customer think, yet so many of these arrogant execs which come from the MBA programs at the Universities with no clue about the customer and their belligerent attitudes prove it.

Seems a lot like what CEO Tom Rutledge is doing at Charter to me.

mmainprize
join:2001-12-06
Houghton Lake, MI

1 edit

mmainprize to whoaru99

to whoaru99
said by whoaru99:

You had to sign a 2 year contract to get that price. Doesn't really matter what you call it, when the deal expires the deal expires and typically you then go to the current rate. Why are you surprised now? Did you think Charter would just forget when the two year deal expires? You should be happy you saved $20-$25 month for two years by taking the deal. You are ~$600 ahead of me and everyone else that didn't take that 2-year deal (well, other than perhaps those that were fortunate enough to secure a promo) and you're pissed? Wow.

You are not correct when you say "when the deal expires the deal expires and typically you then go to the current rate" that is what the OP is talking about.
It seems when my deal expires I will still be at the old rate from two years ago $47.99 with out a modem lease for the slower 15 Meg speed. I will still be on 15 Meg until i call in and ask to be put at the 30 Meg rate and agree to pay $2 more. So they still have a 15 meg tier but they won't sell it to new customers but they will leave old customer on it for double the cost of todays rates.

My biggest problem is that i contracted for the lowest speed service 15Meg for $47.99 with a $18 HSI Bundle discount, and Charter has changed the lowest speed to 30 Meg at $49.99. I am paying for the lowest speed but they did not give me the new lowest speed.
So i have not saved $20 to 25 bucks because even with the deal i am being over charged for the speed i am getting at the current rates for HSI. 30 Meg=49.99 with Modem, 15Meg=47.99-18=29.99 without modem.

This is all over $2 dollars, the different between Current rate 49.99 and the rate my bill shows $47.99 that i purchased before any discount.

For us long term customers you would think they would of just moved us to the new lowest speed tier as that is what we signed up for. But no, that Two dollars is an issue or i should be punished because i am a long time customer that was playing by the old rules, buying all they had, to get the best/normal price instead of the high list price if you only got one service for one month.

The only reason i have not changed to the new pricing plan is because my Triple play plan would go up by $25 a month. I would get a few more channels and faster internet speed, but i don't need those at this time. The fact is for years i have been looking to reduce my bill but every time i have called in to drop some channels the price would go up not down. It is still that way now with the new pricing but now it is even more for the bundle.

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958 to 15444104

Premium Member

to 15444104
Right on, horseathalt7

I agree with your thinking all the way!!

I HOPE like heck Charter loses tons of customers and gets hit with a very rude slap in the face to reality and some common sense!!

Personally,
I think Charter is TRYING to go bankrupt again!!
whoaru99

whoaru99 to 15444104

to 15444104
Yeah, to the point of my post it is just semantics.
whoaru99

whoaru99 to mmainprize

to mmainprize
Yup, I guess you got me there. You don't necessarily or automatically move into the new plan, you default back to some non-promo/non-contract previous pricing tier. Again though, at the end of the day it's pretty much just semantics. The point remains the same; the price (generally speaking) goes up when the promo/contract ends, and it should be no big surprise.

I think y'all have me the wrong way. It would be great if Charter would offer lower plans for those interested. My beef is some seem to be implying, if not outright stating, you're entitled to that and that Charter should be forced to provide it.
15444104 (banned)

15444104 (banned)

said by whoaru99:

I think y'all have me the wrong way. It would be great if Charter would offer lower plans for those interested. My beef is some seem to be implying, if not outright stating, you're entitled to that and that Charter should be forced to provide it.

So according to you a large number of customers desiring lower speed value priced services are not correct in demanding this?

Some things are timeless...one of them is,

The "customer" is ALWAYS right.

You must have an MBA.

Now just "WHOM" is it that keeps Charter (and all other businesses) "in business"????

The "customers" or the executive MBAs? LOL
whoaru99

1 edit

whoaru99

Did you intentionally ignore the whole point of that quoted statement, or just not read it carefully enough?
15444104 (banned)

2 edits

15444104 (banned)

said by whoaru99:

Did you intentionally ignore the whole point of that quoted statement, or just not read it carefully enough?

I read "in between" the lines of your statement.

You are basically painting any customer that wants something different as a UNreasonable subscriber. That is how your statements come across. Everyone of them.

I know you don't agree that the "customer" is king, and ALWAYS RIGHT.

Tom is doing the SAME thing that JCP "genius" Ron Johnson is attempting, to force the customer accept "his" vision. LOL

Thing is that very few customer demographics are as slavishly gullible and well....dumb enough to tolerate an executive telling them what they should want or how they should be thrilled to pay outrageous prices to be cool. LOL

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958 to whoaru99

Premium Member

to whoaru99
said by whoaru99:

Yup, I guess you got me there. You don't necessarily or automatically move into the new plan, you default back to some non-promo/non-contract previous pricing tier. Again though, at the end of the day it's pretty much just semantics. The point remains the same; the price (generally speaking) goes up when the promo/contract ends, and it should be no big surprise.

With as ignorantly as Charter has been operating lately, and as you can see by what some of the other posters here are saying, it won't be long before Charter WILL BE forced to provide what we, the people, want!
whoaru99

1 edit

whoaru99 to 15444104

to 15444104
Thank you. That answered my question, albeit in a rather round about way. The point was intentionally ignored.
whoaru99

whoaru99 to cork1958

to cork1958
If market forces drive it that's great. If forced by other means that's bad.