MVM
join:2000-09-18
Long Beach, CA

R2

MVM

[iPhone] Lightning cable extender

Click for full size
Click for full size
I know a lot of people complain that the new iPhone Lightning cable is too short - and it is not back compatible with old iPod or iPhone cables. Buying the long adapter from Apple is a viable choice, but at $39.00 a pop, that gets expensive fast.

There are a lot of cheap USB extender cables out there, but they are usually black or ugly gray. I found this nice USB extender cable that looks like it could have been made by Apple. This looks great and works fine. I recommend it if you need a longer iPhone Lightning cable. I got it from Amazon - and I do NOT work for the company. Just offering my opinion....

At ~$6 each I think they are a deal... Nothing looks better that I could find.

»www.amazon.com/Apple-Sty ··· le+style

The Dv8or
Just call me Dong Suck Oh, M.D.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-09
Denver, CO

The Dv8or

Premium Member

Theres a million USB extension cables on eBay for a buck.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by The Dv8or:

Theres a million USB extension cables on eBay for a buck.

Ya but they aren't purdy.

R2
R Not
MVM
join:2000-09-18
Long Beach, CA

R2

MVM

Exactly! That's real purdy. It all depends on what you want. Most are really ugly...
R2

R2

MVM

Click for full size
Oh, my Apple long Adapter arrived - and it is shorter than I expected (not even a foot). And the cable is about twice as thick as the usual iPhone / iPad cables - not sure why.

At $39.00 it seems a little expensive, but I have a lot of those old devices and cables... It does work well - and it is pretty too!