BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member
join:2000-01-13

BlitzenZeus to dave

Premium Member

to dave

Re: [WIN8] Biggest reinvention ever?

It does seems many non-computer literate users tend to maximize instead of resizing windows, and as I've stated before Microsoft could have too easily allowed metro applications to run windowed, however didn't. Even Windows media center can run windowed in previous versions, but when you have large high resolution monitors running them fullscreen for something simple like a media application is just ludicrous.

They clearly are pandering to the crowd who want a devices to tweet, and facebook with. The people saying the desktop is dead never consider business, and those who need more than end consumer devices, the kind of people who think they can do everything they need to do on that expensive smartphone in their pocket which actually cost around $600 retail where the costs got buried into their rate plans, however the sucker didn't realize they buried $400 of that into the cost of their rate plan. Then they replace it every two years. The kind of people who whine saying paying $400 for a computer is too much, but are too ignorant to realize they are paying $600 every two years for a smartphone, and this is besides the overpriced, along with low capped wireless carrier data plans.
dave
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio

dave

Premium Member

I'm not convinced that selling what the market apparently prefers to buy counts as "pandering".

Even if I'm on the wrong side of the deal.