Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2
reply to shaner

Re: [Serious] Statists, be proud! re: Ashley Smith

said by shaner:

And what exactly did they think the likeliest outcome was going to be? A cure? Even my uneducated mind can tell they set this girl up to kill herself. The people involved should be brought up on charges. This is a disgusting way to treat another human being.

Then advocate for change. Demand better. Demand better funding. Demand early interventions. Demand alcohol harm reduction strategies (you were aware that a huge number of people in the corrections system are diagnosed with FASD and self-medicate?).
--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

2 recommendations

said by DKS:

Then advocate for change. Demand better. Demand better funding. Demand early interventions. Demand alcohol harm reduction strategies (you were aware that a huge number of people in the corrections system are diagnosed with FASD and self-medicate?).

I have and I will continue to do so. Mental Health is woefully underfunded, misunderstood, and ridiculously ignored. That has to change. But these thugs should still be brought up on charges. Prisoner or not, that video shows outright abuse and should be directly linked as a cause in her death.
--
I'm a man, but I can change. If I have to. I guess.

»shaner38.blogspot.com/

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2

said by shaner:

said by DKS:

I have and I will continue to do so. Mental Health is woefully underfunded, misunderstood, and ridiculously ignored. That has to change. But these thugs should still be brought up on charges. Prisoner or not, that video shows outright abuse and should be directly linked as a cause in her death.

That is the purpose of the inquest.
--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.