spc
uniqs

bdnhsv
join:2012-01-20
Huntsville, AL

bdnhsv to david4toy

to david4toy

Re: Do WISPA block all ports?

Your ISP can block any port(s) they wish. Most of them don't block many, but it is possible. Do you have a port scanner utility? There's an online site (yougetsignal.com ?) that you can use to check ports also.
david4toy
join:2012-11-01

david4toy

I did a scan it says ports 80, 53, 20 are open. But even if i set my IP cam to port 80 and the port fwd in my router to it's IP it still does not go through.

It's strange when i go to my web IP it takes me to a routers setup page that is not mine. (can't change anything of course)

Any suggestions?

shdesigns
Powered By Infinite Improbabilty Drive
Premium Member
join:2000-12-01
Stone Mountain, GA

shdesigns

Premium Member

Have you tried it from outside your network?

Could be that the router is not handling loopback properly.
LLigetfa
join:2006-05-15
Fort Frances, ON

LLigetfa to david4toy

to david4toy
What is WISPA, »www.wispa.org/ or a chocolate bar?
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wispa

Maybe your ISP is not giving you a public IP and has you behind double-NAT. What is your WAN side IP on the router? How does that compare with what »www.whatsmyip.org/ reports?
david4toy

david4toy

said by LLigetfa:

What is WISPA, »www.wispa.org/ or a chocolate bar?
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wispa

Maybe your ISP is not giving you a public IP and has you behind double-NAT. What is your WAN side IP on the router? How does that compare with what »www.whatsmyip.org/ reports?

They are completely different. If i go to the IP that whatsmyip.org gives it sends me to a link technologies power router page and it does the same if i'm on a different network.

The thing i don't understand is that the ubnt antenna they set up has a IP of 192.168.100.1 and my router they set up is using 192.168.1.1 shouldn't the router be using 192.168.100.2?
david4toy

david4toy to LLigetfa

to LLigetfa
My WAN IP and public IP are completely different? I can type my public IP in on a different network and it will still take me to a Link Technologies power router page. If i use a port # it wont show anything.

They have me setup using a ubnt antenna using 192.168.100.1 and my router using 192.168.1.1 shouldn't the router be using 192.168.100.2?
LLigetfa
Fort Frances, ON

LLigetfa to david4toy

to david4toy
You are behind double-NAT and cannot port forward. You share the public IP with many other subscribers.
david4toy

david4toy

Are you sure?

What are my options then if that's the case? Call them and ask for my own static IP?
LLigetfa
Fort Frances, ON

LLigetfa

What you need is a public IP on the WAN side of your router if you want to do your own port forwards. Static IP would be icing on the cake.

Alternately, you could ask them to forward the needed port through their system.
LLigetfa

LLigetfa to david4toy

to david4toy
BTW, this thread may have been better off in the Wireless Users Chat forum.

»Wireless Users Chat
david4toy

david4toy

I called them and they gave me a public IP and some info to change on the WAN/Internet side of my router and DNS settings.

But it still does not work. Now when i use my new IP i get the ubnt antenna they installed here at my house. I do not have access to it.
tomdlgns
Premium Member
join:2003-03-21

tomdlgns

Premium Member

is the address here, checkip.dyndns.com the same as the IP they gave you?

sounds like their radio management port is 80, if that is the case.
david4toy

david4toy

Yes it is the same. If i put any port number after the IP address it gives Unable to connect error.
tomdlgns
Premium Member

tomdlgns

Premium Member

does the ubnt radio have any type of DHCP/management enabled?

i have a wireless radio at one of my sites and i had the same issue you had, however, i told them i needed a true static ip, not just an IP that isnt double NATed.

you might have to ask for a true static IP.
tomdlgns

tomdlgns to david4toy

Premium Member

to david4toy
said by david4toy:

They have me setup using a ubnt antenna using 192.168.100.1 and my router using 192.168.1.1 shouldn't the router be using 192.168.100.2?

not necessarily. my comcast modem is 192.168.100.1 and my LAN network is 192.168.1.1 /24

that just means you wont be able to access the .100.1 device from the 1.1 network unless you have a router/switch that allows you to add custom routes. it shouldnt have anything to do with port forwarding. i am not an expert on ubnt equipment, but i would imagine that it is just a passthrough/bridge device.
david4toy

david4toy to tomdlgns

to tomdlgns
I have no idea how they have the ubnt antenna setup, i don't know the password to it.

They gave me info to use on the WAN/Internet and it's a static IP at least i had to select static before the router would let me input the IP, gateway, DNS info that they gave me to use.

I'm using a Asus nt-16 with tomato firmware.
LLigetfa
Fort Frances, ON

LLigetfa to david4toy

to david4toy
It sounds like the IP is assigned to the WAN side of the UBNT CPE. You need to further involve your WISP.
tomdlgns
Premium Member

tomdlgns to david4toy

Premium Member

to david4toy
ok if you put static IP into your router, you have a static IP that is a good start.

what is the management port of your router?

tell them you need to be able to hit that port from the internet and let them try to access it to see the error message you are receiving.

i had a tough time explaining to my wireless provider that they did not have it setup properly. after a second and third attempt of explaining to them what i was trying to do, they finally figured out and corrected a few things on their side.

i am not sure if wireless providers have business/residential configurations, but i made sure to tell them it was for a business and that i needed a static configuration. i explained that to them before i signed up and told them i would be canceling if they couldn't meet their end of the agreement.