Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

2 edits

Davesnothere to rblizz

Premium Member

to rblizz

Re: Back to worst-case-scenario to start with!

said by rblizz:

Unfortunately it doesn't appear that a generator was an option in this building.

But, maybe now, CallCentric can use this event as leverage with their landlords and get permission to install a generator.

Yes, and I would be more than willing to put my name on a petition to help them make that happen, whether or not I am still a customer at the time.
tr0910
join:2006-01-03
Kansas City, KS

tr0910

said by Davesnothere:

Yes, and I would be more than willing to put my name on a petition to help them make that happen, whether or not I am still a customer at the time.

They were just down again briefly. Line went dead, and website went dead.

I blame myself for trusting them, but it was based on recommendations from you all here. However I only trusted them with 1/2 our lines, so we were not completely shut down. Still, I think a healthy discussion is warranted, and they need to have a asterisk next to their name until they can prove they really have a disaster recovery plan, and have tested it out.

Does anybody have a fly swatter handy? We need to get rid of that that (buzz, buzz, buzz) that keeps flying around our ears....
royrogers
join:2012-10-17

royrogers to Davesnothere

to Davesnothere
So the NYSE is still running on generators, and has no connectivity on the floor. That was just reported on Squawk on the Street as I type this.

Where is the juice for Callcentric coming from?

My theory is this: Callcentric is located in a building full of ISP's. ConEd and NYSE and everyone else recognized that the first priority is getting power to that building, even before the NYSE.

Iscream, how far off am I?

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by royrogers:

So the NYSE is still running on battery backup, and has no connectivity on the floor. That was just reported on Squawk on the Street as I type this.

Where is the juice for Callcentric coming from?

One Word :

RATS

They have them running on wheels to operate power generators.

Letterman told me so.

NYC bylaws say nothing against doing THAT !