share rss forum feed

Boricua
Premium
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto
reply to hitachi369

Re: CHASE bank

said by hitachi369:

There is still also still a risk to the bank that the item maybe returned.

Umm...That doesn't make sense. If they bring up on their screen the balance, they should know if the check will cover it or not .

Again, there's no rhyme or reason whey they should charge those fees for cashing a check from said bank.

Complaints on cashing a check for a fee.
--
Illegal aliens have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Indian. Robert Orben

hitachi369
Embrace Your Rights
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:4

said by Boricua:

said by hitachi369:

There is still also still a risk to the bank that the item maybe returned.

Umm...That doesn't make sense. If they bring up on their screen the balance, they should know if the check will cover it or not .

There is more than one reason why a check can be returned besides NSF or present a loss to the bank. There could be fraud, on you or the maker. There could returned deposit items that reduces the balance. There could be a bank error on the account that reduces the balance after its corrected. There are a multitude of reasons why there could be a shortage and the bank left holding the bag, when you cash it in person you could pose a cost to the bank that normally could be mitigated with the other bank.

said by Boricua:

Again, there's no rhyme or reason whey they should charge those fees for cashing a check from said bank.

They are doing something for you that they do not have to. The bank is in business to make money. They are providing a service, and they can and will charge. The complaints you see are largely going to be the same for every other bank. If you think this whole situation is unique to Chase you are sorely mistaken.

said by Boricua:

Complaints on cashing a check for a fee.

People don't like getting charged a fee, did you expect praise? In all honesty I am surprised they waived the fee.
--
STOP THE NSA WIRETAPS

They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security
~Benjamin Franklin

drew
Automatic
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6

said by hitachi369:

People don't like getting charged a fee, did you expect praise? In all honesty I am surprised they waived the fee.

Me too - the teller (manager?) went above and beyond the call of duty here, IMO.

At WFB, we'd cash *personal* checks for no-fee, but business checks always did. Not only are you providing a service to a non-customer, you're opening up situations for loss potential. On top of that, this prevents ridiculous "I need this $30,000 check cashed so I can go deposit it in my bank because I'm a dead-beat over there and need to cover my outstanding checks i shouldn't have written. wait, there's a fee? THIS IS BULL blah blah blah." situations.
--
flickr | 'Cause I've been waiting, all my life just waiting
For you to shine, shine your light on me