spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Gskill

join:2012-10-01

[Cable] New sign-up Question

Hey guys,

So we just had the Rogers tech come and plug in the coax from the old Rogers modem to the new Teksavvy one and then leave (literally, that's all he did).

I then went on my PC and was greeted by a "We are having technical difficulties attempting to connect your modem to our network" message.

Is it basically just a waiting game until it kicks in now? Or do we have to call Teksavvy to activate it? Appreciate any info as we've kind of been kept in the dark as to what the process is (the Rogers tech said it should work automatically).

TSI Support1
TSI Support
Premium
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON
kudos:1
Hey there Gskill,

The field tech that comes out is only responsible for checking the RF signal coming to your home.

Your modem will be activated on the same day anywhere between 8AM-12AM. We don't have control of the provisioning, so it can happen any time between those hours.

Midnight is the deadline to provision the modem. If not working by midnight, I would definitely suggest getting in touch with our support team.

Keep an eye on your IP. If it's a 10.x.x.x, it's not registered yet. If you're getting a public IP and getting that same splash page, clear your cache and you should be up and running.

Hope this helps.
TSI-Ashley

Gskill

Thanks for the speedy response/information!

Glad to be part of Teksavvy

TSI Support1
TSI Support
Premium
Chatham, ON
Hey,

No problem, that's what we're here for. Welcome to TekSavvy, hope you enjoy your service.

Take care,
TSI-Ashley

Gskill

Just an update, it's already up and running! And blazing fast!

Thanks again, Ashley.

Time to go enjoy our uncapped speeds

TSI Support1
TSI Support
Premium
Chatham, ON
Hey there,

Glad to see you're already online! Let us know if you ever need anything. Have a good day.

TSI-Ashley