spc
uniqs
patt2k
join:2009-01-16

patt2k to Max Signal

to Max Signal

Re: 4G Outage NY

said by Max Signal:

Wow , the worst storm to hit the NE in a hundred years just hit , People are dead , Many Homes and businesses have been lost and basic infrastructure has been destroyed . And you are going to come in and complain about your 4G being down ? Tell me this is a bad joke . I think the carriers have a legit excuse while they try and repair everything . In the meantime you should rethink your priorities.

My dude it was not just 4G outage so many people were complaining on verizons facebook page because of that no one was able to text/call/data SO BEING IN TOUCH WITH YOUR FAMILY IS NOT A PRIORIRITY? are fking serious!
Max Signal
Premium Member
join:2008-03-07
Buffalo, NY

Max Signal

Premium Member

Did you watch the news ? all the storm coverage . Did you see how much destruction there is ? All companies are scurrying to restore services . It was the storm of the century . Most still do not even have power . Backup Generators have been destroyed . All the carriers are using every available resource to get things back up and running ! Time for a reality check with what your expectations are . You are worried about getting a refund for the month . Read the fine print in your contract . Act of God !
I ask you - are you serious ?
comp
Premium Member
join:2001-08-16
Evans City, PA

comp

Premium Member

I have to not side with the OP here. you have MASSIVE infrastructure damage. it is going to take some time for everything to come back up

Napsterbater
Meh
MVM
join:2002-12-28
Milledgeville, GA
(Software) OPNsense
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-PRO

Napsterbater to patt2k

MVM

to patt2k
I was in Palm Beach County FL in 2004, a state and area that knows how to prepare for Hurricanes and even then after Frances a lot of cell towers from all providers were taken out of service, also had a lot power outages (I was out for 8 days), but you know what we did, dealt with it, shit happens. Occasionally text message could go though but that was about it, We didn't even have landline service for about 5 weeks (2 weeks after the second Hurricane hit) and only that short because we had a friend who was a bellsouth tech.

There are bigger problems than cell service.