Beautiful NJ
kudos:13
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL

2 recommendations

reply to DownTheShore

Re: [FYI] Just Checking In

Thank you, PSE&G! The power is back on!

Boy, I didn't expect that, I was sure that it was going to take longer to get the power back on. Went to my local A&P yesterday which was open and operating on emergency power (they were removing all of the refrigerated and frozen foods) to buy non-perishables that I now, thankfully, have no immediate need for.

Finally got to see all the images of the storm destruction, and I'm literally in shock. Seeing that breakthrough of the ocean to the bay at Mantoloking just makes me sick. I drove that way all the time when I went down the shore. Further down the island, all of the ocean front cottages where my sister has her place, were destroyed. From aerial views that I've seen, it looks like her place is still intact, but there's no way to get there to check it out. All that damage at Seaside Heights; that's destruction of our childhood memories. A friend of the family lost her home in Ortley Beach; it was pushed off its foundation and into a neighboring house; the newer house next to it is just a pile of rubble.

Thanks to everyone who offered well-wishes, and I hope that everyone who still isn't able to get online is staying safe.
--
Patriotism is not waving a flag, it is living the ideals

I want to retire to the Isle of Sodor and ride the trains.