spc
Search similar:

uniqs

boogi man
join:2001-11-13
Jacksonville, FL

boogi man

non-apology

seems like a typical court ordered apology by someone who doesn't agree with the court.

lol
Chubbysumo
join:2009-12-01
Duluth, MN

Chubbysumo

Go read the original(which is still up). Its not even close to an apology, and actually cites other countries rulings saying samsung infringed.

AnonPerson
join:2000-08-26
Lexington, KY

AnonPerson

I got a laugh out of it.
jjeffeory
jjeffeory
join:2002-12-04
Bloomington, IN

jjeffeory

Haha, I just read what Apple posted. That is NOT an apology!

Oh_No
Trogglus normalus
join:2011-05-21
Chicago, IL

1 edit

Oh_No to boogi man

to boogi man
LOL Apple is so technology illiterate it takes them 2 weeks to figure out to change something on their website.

Apple is a horrible company.

boogi man
join:2001-11-13
Jacksonville, FL

boogi man to Chubbysumo

to Chubbysumo
reread what i said...
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2 to Oh_No

Premium Member

to Oh_No
Quite honestly, the day that a court orders someone to appologize for suing another company is a sad day in this world. Regardless of what side you cheer on, the fact remains that what this UK court is doing is a HORRIBLE thing for the legal system.

The court ordering apple to "appologize" for accusing Samsung of copying apple, as the court ruled they didn't, is about the same as a dad putting his kid on a street corner with a sign saying "I cheated on my math test"... it's childish and completely un-becoming of a court. The judge that ordered this silly non-sense should be removed from the bench.

Samsung clearly is going after the look and feel of apple.. one just has to look at their latest laptop/tab.. the look and design is exactly of the MacBook Pro.

On the case of the pad, I think the case was valid and apple had every right to challenge it in court.. I think Samsung did no wrong on this, really, as you can't do much with a pad when it's just a rectangular screen. (Laptops are a different story) But, a "court" shouldn't decide infringement in these cases.. there should be a separate body that first has to determine if there is cause for a case or not.. courts are not always the best place to have the argument.. it's where you go to get paid for what was wrongfully done. Up until the point of the court case there was nothing established that Samsung did in fact violate apple's rights.

And news flash people, if you think these companies, on either side, are all innocent and don't push the envelops on their competitor's rights, then you're bigger idiots than I thought.. they all do it. To sit here and say one side is a saint or the other is a horrible company only makes you look like an idiot with nothing worth saying in the first place.

The fact is that like them or hate them, everyone is always using the term "apple killer" , "iPhone killer" or "iPad killer".. that in itself says a lot..

n1581j
@wildblue.net

n1581j

Anon

If anybody copied anyone it was Apple using a product developed by SAMSUNG in 1993 from an idea by Grid and marketed by Grid. All Apple has done is condense the size of the idea which was only natural baring in mind developments in technology and software over the intervening years. They even stole the name. PAD. I sold that product before the IPad became Steve Job's wet dream. That was way back when. So NO, Samsung did not copy and it's lawyers should of known this but unfortunately they were still in school and dreaming of cheer leaders at the time

Davesworld
join:2007-10-30
Thermal, CA

Davesworld

said by n1581j :

If anybody copied anyone it was Apple using a product developed by SAMSUNG in 1993 from an idea by Grid and marketed by Grid. All Apple has done is condense the size of the idea which was only natural baring in mind developments in technology and software over the intervening years. They even stole the name. PAD. I sold that product before the IPad became Steve Job's wet dream. That was way back when. So NO, Samsung did not copy and it's lawyers should of known this but unfortunately they were still in school and dreaming of cheer leaders at the time

Were they at least smokin' hot?

Oh_No
Trogglus normalus
Chicago, IL

Oh_No to fiberguy2

to fiberguy2
said by fiberguy2:

Quite honestly, the day that a court orders someone to appologize for suing another company is a sad day in this world. Regardless of what side you cheer on, the fact remains that what this UK court is doing is a HORRIBLE thing for the legal system.

The court ordering apple to "appologize" for accusing Samsung of copying apple, as the court ruled they didn't, is about the same as a dad putting his kid on a street corner with a sign saying "I cheated on my math test"... it's childish and completely un-becoming of a court. The judge that ordered this silly non-sense should be removed from the bench.

Samsung clearly is going after the look and feel of apple.. one just has to look at their latest laptop/tab.. the look and design is exactly of the MacBook Pro.

On the case of the pad, I think the case was valid and apple had every right to challenge it in court.. I think Samsung did no wrong on this, really, as you can't do much with a pad when it's just a rectangular screen. (Laptops are a different story) But, a "court" shouldn't decide infringement in these cases.. there should be a separate body that first has to determine if there is cause for a case or not.. courts are not always the best place to have the argument.. it's where you go to get paid for what was wrongfully done. Up until the point of the court case there was nothing established that Samsung did in fact violate apple's rights.

And news flash people, if you think these companies, on either side, are all innocent and don't push the envelops on their competitor's rights, then you're bigger idiots than I thought.. they all do it. To sit here and say one side is a saint or the other is a horrible company only makes you look like an idiot with nothing worth saying in the first place.

The fact is that like them or hate them, everyone is always using the term "apple killer" , "iPhone killer" or "iPad killer".. that in itself says a lot..

Patent trolling is what is horrible for our legal system.
I wish in the US they would do this instead of that wacky texas court that always sides with patent trolls.

What this Uk court is great as Apple's lawsuit was frivioulus and they should be punished.

To accuse someone of stealing your idea to force them to spend money and time on litigation is wrong when you 100% know they did not steal your idea.
Apple should be paying samsung back for all the money they spent dealing with them.

Apple's Ipad looks exactly like Samsungs picture frame that was out on the market in 2006. Yes Samsung's device only displayed pictures but they clearly had the design first and Apple copied them.

rcdailey
Dragoonfly
Premium Member
join:2005-03-29
Rialto, CA

rcdailey to fiberguy2

Premium Member

to fiberguy2
You could make a pad round, like a Frisbee. The first TV screens were round, because that was the shape of the tube. Round is a shape. I shouldn't use the word "Frisbee" to describe it, I guess, that being a trademark.

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
join:2008-09-02
united state

Metatron2008 to fiberguy2

Premium Member

to fiberguy2
Yes, companies use the term ipad killer...

Just like years ago when people used the term 'playstation killer', or 'nintendo killer', or 'IBM killer', or 'doom killer'.

As usual the bulk of Apple fanboys act like they've never shopped anywhere but apple stores
me1212
join:2008-11-20
Lees Summit, MO
·Google Fiber

me1212

said by Metatron2008:

As usual the bulk of Apple fanboys act like they've never shopped anywhere but apple stores

I'd bet at least 1/2 of them haven't

Oh_No
Trogglus normalus
Chicago, IL

1 recommendation

Oh_No to n1581j

to n1581j
Actually the GRiDPAD was made by samsung in 1989.
It ran MS-DOS with a custom extension to use the stylus/touch screen.
It also had a serial port and memory cards so it was more advanced than the ipad even back in 1989.
A police department in California used them.

The guy who invented the GRiDPAD went on to invent the palm pilot which Apple also copied for the iphone.

Apple just loves stealing everyone else's ideas and designs.
Expand your moderator at work

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
Netgear WNDR3700v2
Zoom 5341J

KrK to Oh_No

Premium Member

to Oh_No

Re: non-apology

said by Oh_No:

... and patenting them, and then suing.

Oh_No
Trogglus normalus
Chicago, IL

Oh_No

It is amazing that people pretend that mp3 players, smart phones, and tablets did not exist before the ipod, iphone, and ipad.
Its like when apple tried to say they invented the word app that we all have used for file sharing over modems since before you could even get internet access.

PapaMidnight
join:2009-01-13
Baltimore, MD

PapaMidnight to jjeffeory

to jjeffeory
said by jjeffeory:

Haha, I just read what Apple posted. That is NOT an apology!

It's not even a non-apology apology.
PapaMidnight

PapaMidnight to KrK

to KrK
said by KrK:

said by Oh_No:

... and patenting them, and then suing.

Why innovate when you can litigate?
jjeffeory
jjeffeory
join:2002-12-04
Bloomington, IN

jjeffeory to PapaMidnight

to PapaMidnight
I agree. Crazy games...